Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
No, I haven't bought this yet, but it's for sale locally for a VERY reasonable price and it looks fooking clean for an '88 in this area. I'm gonna try to go have a look tomorrow. Not sure on the kms, but the ad says it runs great with lots of power, power windows/locks, recent clutch and brakes.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
holy cow, a turbo sedan!!!! i thought they didnt exsist! i love those wheels.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
do eet ******. It's a 4ws. only thing that sucks is that it's an auto...

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's an mtx. The ad says it's a 5 speed and has a newer clutch. It think the only thing 4WS steer about it is the wheels.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Damn, power everything. I can't tell, looking under the hood at the top of the struts, does it have adjustable suspension? And look at the headlights, GT fogs in them? Did ya' pull the money outta' the bank yet? Beg, borrow, or steal? Go shovel some snow for change?:p

Does anyone have stats on how many of these were made?:confused:

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I won't need to scavenge for money considering what he's asking. ;) I know where it is from the pics so I'll drive by later today and see if it's around. I haven't got an email back yet.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
we only got the 88 626 GT in white, blue interior, auto and 4ws. nice find :) better pick it up!

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe it's a swap. Did the 626 GT's have chrome window trim?

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
yes they did. just the mx6 had the black trim.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As far as I know the US/Canada market was the same for 1G's. I wonder if maybe it's not an 88.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
As far as I know the US/Canada market was the same for 1G's. I wonder if maybe it's not an 88.
square injector clips, outdated CLT sensor plug...yeah, it's an 88 :)

It has the 4ws wheels though. you may want to check the rear end and see if there's a steering rack behind the gas tank lol

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hmm, strange. I drove by the place that's in the picture (it was a long shot since the pic was obviously taken before the snow fell) and it wasn't there. I guess I'll have to wait for them to email me back.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bah. It's gone. I replied to the ad 12 hours after it was posted and someone still managed to snag it before me. Not surprising considering the guy only wanted $380 for it. :eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts