Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

New Daily Driver ;)

1K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  The_Evil_Demon 
#1 ·
And its about time to, Fishing opener coming up, I needed something to pull the boat with. I dont think the old 626 can handle that anymore.

I picked this up at a local public auction, 02 Gmc Envoy, 130k , got it for $3500! First car I ever bought that I didnt drive before I paid for it. It had a dead battery, they jumped it before the auction and it sounded good so I took a risk. I drove it home, It runs great, checked out the 4wd.. everything is sound:tup:. Spent 2 days cleaning it, now all it needs is the front and rear bumpers to be fixed up and 2 new rear door handles.

Just orderd a new grill ;) A local guy is selling 20' rims.. $500.. thinking about pickin those up to. :p..maybe a drop in the future? I cant keep it stock ya know!

Im excited, selling the project 626, and possibly selling my old daily 626.. not sure its really worth anything, so I might set it up to demo derby

See less See more
#2 ·
nice watering can...

:D

thats one hell of a purchase... not a big GM fan, but gmc/trucks - they do right.

#3 ·
yeah thats a professional windshield washer fluid pour'r :tup: lol

Now I got 4 cars :S The only place I go is work, that is 1 mile away.. . in 6mths time I dont even rack enough miles on the 626 to require an oil change..
But I think that should change, most of the reason I didnt drive much was because I feared the 626 would leave me stranded

#8 ·
NICE PRICE:tup:

looks great, but its a crazy feeling if you drive your six after you drive some miles with this car :jump:

does the trunk is usefull? some mor pics?

greetz

#10 ·
yeah its exactly what I was looking for, needed the short one, the full size are just ugly and way more then I need.
Awesome, you're like me, I couldn't leave my daily Jeep stock either. I like the color too.
Cant keep anything stock...When people see me coming, they will know its me! Thats how it is with the mx6, there isnt even hesitation.. they just instantly know its me coming in their direction

looks great, but its a crazy feeling if you drive your six after you drive some miles with this car

does the trunk is usefull? some mor pics?
Not so bad, I barely drive the mx6, im honestly in and out of so many semi trucks each day.. driving a car seems weird. If anyone has ever driven a 13spd, Reverse is where 1st would be on our 5spds.. I often catch my self going for 1st when wanting to reverse in my 6 :p

Didnt get any other pics, i will when I get it fixed though!

#13 ·
this was after a polish and wax ;) . I ended up replacing the entire front support.. its made of plastic and it was all smashed up.. headlights werent straight and the old grill was dangling..

Not a whole lot of change.. New grill, rain gaurds on front doors, just recently put on the new running boards, new front bumper, new rear bumper, new rear door handles + paint. - totaling around $1200

now if I could find a decent set of 22's

#14 ·
I like the color :) It goes nice with the MX lol. Is it the 4.2 I6? I still have the urge to drop one of those in a hotrod every time I see one in the yard.

#16 ·
Nice buy King! Hell of a deal! We went to a car aution last weekend, and a 2001 corvette with no reserve went for about $6500! I need to start paying more attention to car auctions!

My buddy just bought a 02 Envoy

His has some kind of lip kit on it. When he told me, I gave him shit because an SUV with a lip kit?!?!?

Actually looks decent, i'll have to get ahold of him and snap some pics... stillen lip err something like that...

#17 ·
yeah at the same auction a 06 Cadillac deville went for $6500, it was MINT! extremely low miles..barely driven, my dad was bidding on it, but "he didnt really want it" (in other words, his wife would have killed him)

I found these 22"s locally $1500 if I pick them up

Im really considering it! But I also wanted to build a bobber motorcycle this winter.. child support has also been killing my income lately... it a tough call!

#18 ·
Good Buy, Looks like we both have went to the darkside of Gm products. :tup: One of my ex's had one with every option and 20's. 14MPG 17 with city/hi driving :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.