Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

My distributor went bad and I bought a new one and put it in yesterday. The car started right up and drives pretty well. The RPMs are a litle high, in the 1.5K area at idle and it is a little rough. I think its the ignition timing. From what I've read, you need a timing light to adjust that.

My question is do the symptoms sound like timing problems from the new distributor and how much would be a fair price to get the timing adjusted?

Thanks a lot

global

·
Registered
283 Posts
do you have a timing light? the timing is honestly very simple to set you just haft to jump to items in your diagnosis box ... and you will be over priced to take it to someone to set it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sadly I don't have a timing light. It does sound really simple and thats why I don't want to pay much to have it done. I don't really see much reason to buy one just for this purpose.

Can anyone in the L.A. area recommend a place to do it?

·
Registered
790 Posts
thats not cool at all /\/\/\ arent they onyl like $20? at the most $50 and even at that its cheaper than having someone do it and then you have if you ever need it again

·
Registered
493 Posts
better yet, look for a harbor freight, they have cheap timing lights for about $13. i think a shop would charge you 1/2 hour labor ~$40.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.