Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

New dual exhaust

8K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Greg S 
#1 ·
OK, I finally got the pictures of my new exhaust off to our club prez to put up on the site so here are a couple shots. There are a few more from underneath the car on the site linked in my signature.

I'll be making a new bumper later, this one was already cut out for both mufflers being on the one side so I just cut it equally on the otherside to make it look even.:)

See less See more
#3 ·
Interesting. To be honest, those cutouts look like a pair of rectangular tips would fill them out nicely (But you know me, I think the cannon look is too played). One off-topic question... how much tread ya got left on those tires there? They look almost bald!

#6 ·
1. Yep the rear tread is almost totally gone, but since the rainy season is over here in Southern Cali I can run them until the fronts are as bald before I need to change them.

2. Nope the spare tire well is still there, if you look at the second pic you'll notice that the cross over pipe runs directly uder the back of it in front of the rear suspension, with just enough room to adjust the suspension when needed.

3. Right not the exhaust is a little tinny, but it wasn't that way before I had the larger piping done with the same mufflers together on the one side. I'm going to try it without the reducers in the mufflers after I get the emissions test to see what it sounds like. Mostly I think it's because I replaced the resonator with a glasspack. Upfront the tone is deep and it's only raspy between 2-3000 rpm. Which is good since I'm rarely driving in that rpm range, it actually sounds really mellow between 3-4000 where I normally drive.

#8 ·
Looks great man and I'm sure it sounds nice with the V6 engine.
Just not sure If i could get used to a 6 with the dual exhaust look. Seems to make it look more american. good job.

#9 ·
That looks good man! I just gotta get my tailpipe sliced too... LOL
Mici

#11 ·
I hope those mufflers aren't all offset! It could just be the cutouts though. If you look the distance from the right side of the license plate to the left side of the right muffler it looks smaller then the other side. Just looks like you have to fine tune it a little get a different bumper and that's gonna be pretty clean! KEWL!

#12 ·
import_killer said:
I hope those mufflers aren't all offset! It could just be the cutouts though. If you look the distance from the right side of the license plate to the left side of the right muffler it looks smaller then the other side. Just looks like you have to fine tune it a little get a different bumper and that's gonna be pretty clean! KEWL!
Yeah it does look off a little but it actually has more to do with the fact that I took the shot at a slight angle and teh bumper was just cut quickly so it is not even. Since I am already planning on making a new bumper I didn't care too much about making the cuts very even.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.