Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
The most popular swaps would be the KLZE (V6 2.5 Liter approximately 200 hp) and FSZE (I4 2.0 Liter, approximately 165 HP I believe). However, in my opinion, you're better off sticking with the FS03 stock I4 and put in new cams and a turbo because you can make more power for about the same amount as shipping in the J-Spec engine. Also, FYI, any engine parts are going to be availabe really soon through www.mx6performance.com so keep an eye out.
Crooks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thankx i think i wanna go with the V6 because the engin i have now has got some problems and is to slow for my tastes and i have a pipe and cold air intake...

·
Registered
271 Posts
you cant drop a v6 in an i4 it cheaper to just buy another car with the v6 in it. do a search and read all the threads on it.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Good call, Lorn. I never thought about that. But for example, I got my car for 1800 but the paint was faded and the car was rustilicus. But the engine was fine except for the exhaust system. So yeah, I would sell the I4 and get the V6 although the V6 engine bay is a bit crowded...
Crooks

·
Registered
242 Posts
um hate to bust all ya bubbles but you can drop a v6 klze motor into a non ls car you need the engine, tranny,ecu,wiring harness,axels and a few more things its very possible what do you think most of the people do on here with a kl03 they swap em

Jimmy

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Jimmy, we said that it is possible to drop in a KLZE into a car that comes stock with a KL03, but not a car that comes with the FS03 I4 engine. I'm by no way an authority on the subject, but it seems that putting in a V6 into an I4 body wouldn't work becuase the motor mounts and the mounting points would be different.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Zoom Zoom v6 said:
So yeah, I would sell the I4 and get the V6 although the V6 engine bay is a bit crowded...
Crooks
So true.

But make sure the people have records on the car before you buy it!!! You don't want to end up like me. Having to pull a perfectly good USDM motor, just because it wasn't taken care of by it's previous owners. (bastards):mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts