Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been recently looking at increasing the power of my MX6.
I'd prefer to keep N/A as long as I can because I like the sound of N/A engines.
I've been looking around at what I can do and i have the option of getting a KLZE for around $800au or i could pull the motor from my part car and build it to do probably better then a ZE, as i know all that the ZE changes is the compression to 10:1 and the intake and top end is better then that of the DE that all of the au cars have.
After looking through the list of websites that ChefSpot made I've realized that finding upgraded parts for this car is a lot harder then for my old prelude.
I even played with the idea of a 2.7L stroker but after waying up the pro's and con's I decided to not go with that.
The first thing i'd like to do is rebuild the bottom end with new rods, pistons and crank making that light while still strong. I'd also like to find a bored TB cause I've read they improve throttle response a tonne but as with other parts its quite hard to find them.
Does anyone have any advice to for this build or any sites or places in Queensland that do parts for the MX6.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated as this is the first time I've done anything seriously with building an engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I've been recently looking at increasing the power of my MX6.
I'd prefer to keep N/A as long as I can because I like the sound of N/A engines.
I've been looking around at what I can do and i have the option of getting a KLZE for around $800au or i could pull the motor from my part car and build it to do probably better then a ZE, as i know all that the ZE changes is the compression to 10:1 and the intake and top end is better then that of the DE that all of the au cars have.
After looking through the list of websites that ChefSpot made I've realized that finding upgraded parts for this car is a lot harder then for my old prelude.
I even played with the idea of a 2.7L stroker but after waying up the pro's and con's I decided to not go with that.
The first thing i'd like to do is rebuild the bottom end with new rods, pistons and crank making that light while still strong. I'd also like to find a bored TB cause I've read they improve throttle response a tonne but as with other parts its quite hard to find them.
Does anyone have any advice to for this build or any sites or places in Queensland that do parts for the MX6.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated as this is the first time I've done anything seriously with building an engine.
I also forgot to mention, the car is currently a fully stock KLDE MX6 93 if that makes any difference.:smile2:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts