Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For all those who couldn't make it for one reason or another...

A really good day out, even Lin enjoyed herself - must be something to do with the fact that she got to meet everyone when handing out the badges.
Counting the couple that left early and a few late comers I reckon we had a good count of 43 MX6's, 626's, Xedos6's and Probe's show up.

We all spent at least an hour looking at each others cars and chatting. Matt (FPOC, "Sgt C") spent most of the time polishing (of course...) Then we gradually drifted off into the pub for lunch as hunger set in.

Not much modding going on that could be seen, except that one Probe now has it's intake fitted. Oh, and Mike and I have now fitted shiny Tesco Chutney pots and I've got a new oil cap (thanks Mike).

I tried my best to organise a cruise through the forest later, and plenty of people said they were up for it. But in the end no-one else joined in, so it was down to the Mazdas - just 6 of us! Still, I wouldn't have liked to keep track of 30 odd cars through some of those roads...

Anyway, my pics are here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ken.holland/WhiteBuck.htm

Thanks to all those who turned up and made it a success.

Ken

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
was an excellent day ken, all u have to do now is organise the xmas meet. u can even carve the turkey(grin).

thanks again,

Mike

·
Registered
359 Posts
great to meet you all guys.. and not a bad turn out from the mazda boys... only got one half decent photo as I had to take it with the phone..

Anyway, great choice of venue (I could have eaten that roast twice though!)and nice to see that Ken is finally pulling out all stops to get some proper food containers to stick under his bonnet :E

A good day all.. we'll need to organise something local soon eh Ken..

Rich

·
Registered
60 Posts
yep , a good day out , i expect we all boosted petrol sales in all the local garages with all those v6's that turned up.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Well

You lot seemed to have a great down in the woods, i'm glad someone kept ken's transmitter on so he didn't get lost in them :).

Our little Crail meet went good as well, and Shooter (nice guy from the Porbe board) i think was a very happy bunny as he broke the 16 mark every time on his runs, and now feels that all his hard work on his car has paid off (nice one Stuart :) ).

As for our runs well the less said the better :), as we didn't want to do many 5 in total and didn't even bother to get the timeslips, due to a certain person wishing we would install a rev limiter onto the car before we went.

Andy
PS
we did film a lot fo this but how it turns out is a diff matter :eek:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Sorry

I could not make it 12000 miles is a bit to far to travel for one day,

glad you enjoyed it:)

seeing the pics I wished I were there.:D :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Excellent day. Was nice to meet you all. Shame I had to go early but work was in the way.

Looking forward to next time when ever that might be.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Yo,

First thanks goes to ken for organising the event,
Second thanx goes to Willr for taking me,tris and tony, and for coming out on the beer sat nite :) (soz we couldnt handle the pace) :)

Anyway very good day it was nice to meet up with all the peeps ive seen before and also the newer members!
I thought i was going to get my head kicked in coz even thou there were sum very nice probes there i had to keep saying just look at the badge thou :D @-

Nice meal we had(coz of price we had to get our money worth of sauces) :) Same as Rich i was so hungry i could of eaten another sunday roast mmmmmmmm.nice bit of beef that Willr?(i had his lamb) :) LOL

Nice little drive throu new forest to end the day was nice and relaxing got home last nite and went straight to sleep musta been the fresh air :)

Stu

ps Andy glad crail went well!

pps
Soz rich(mop) could not resist that at the end holding the evidence up :):D did i win the finger wrestle? :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
A great day, nice to put some names to some faces, a big thanks must go to ken who organised the event:D

·
Registered
768 Posts
yes that desperate dan's shepherds pic was rather nice!! needed more ketchup though!! LOL LOL!!!

Shame about the "Other" cars their! Lol! I think they all seemed to come from Dagenham! bit of a conincidence!! LOL!!

I was rumbled though as i did not put my name on my badge for certain reasons only for someone to blow my cover! DOH!!!

i think it went like....ahhhhh so you are tony2quick4u (now changed to Tony20VTurbo) right lets get him

anyway good day lads, i dont think Will was 2 happy though trying to get his car to move with 3 should i say big boned people in it! LOL!!

Cheers guys, i will come to the jap fest with you all, thats if i am allowed in my Seat Ibiza?

Cheers

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anyway - joking aside, lets get this thread back on track. :(

Anyone else got pics from the New Forest meet? ;)

Ken

. <- thats a full stop!

·
Registered
768 Posts
anyway as Ken said, back to the thread

just to say i have organised a successful event before for a RR and just to say it is stressful enough and takes up alot of that persons personal time and efforts to make sure it all runs smoothly

so just saying a big thanks to Ken (clapping and round of applause)

Cheers Ken:)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hi All

It was nice to meet some old faces and to meet some new ones too, Those name tags came in handy.

Had a Great day and thanks to Ken for all the affort he put into it.

Heres my photos of the day, I had to resize them down to 25% of the original to get them uploaded.

If anyone wants the original size then e-mail me and I'll send it on.

Photos

Click on Photo Album and scroll down to the New Forest II link.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts