Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I was checking out ebay and I found a new company is making a header (4-2-1) for the MX6/626 4 cyl. So i thought wow thats good news for us I4 owners. Then I continued to read the page. And I decided to email this EVO VECTOR company since it says it fits the 93-97 6 and we know the 96-97 are slightly different. So I emailed them about the fittment issues and what not, nothing to hard. Something you would thing a company would know before releasing a product. I was extremely polite in my email and I recieved a response about 2 hours later, and it stated IT will fit AS it STATES! WTF kind of answer is that . Does anyone else think that is unacceptable. I dont know about you guys but they have definately lost my possible business and , it seems like a very shady operation. SO my point is just STAY AWAY unless you are willing to take a risk! My vote, a big thumbs DOWN

Thanks for listening and crap
KASEY

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Sounds shady to me. Deal with someone that is reputable, and polite.

Good luck.
-Garrett

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[email protected] YAHOO ISNT A VERY BUSINESS LIKE EMAIL ADDY EITHER. IF YOU WANT TO SEND THEM A NASTY EMAIL GO RIGHT AHEAD, I KNOW I DID AFTER THE DISRESPECT I GOT FOR ASKING A SIMPLE FEW QUESTIONS. ROAST AWAY GUYS..LOL })

·
Registered
977 Posts
i'm reputable lol- find out any measurements-cf projects coming up and i need to know soon,thanks shane.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea its comin good I am measuring tonight and gonna take pics asap. And i will be mailing out a piece some time asap. Probably fri/sat. :) Hit me on AIM if ya need me,

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HIPOC2 said:
what is their ebay screen name?
I AM PRETT SURE ITS EVO VECOTOR. JUST TYPE IN MX6 HEADER IN THE EBAYMOTORS SEARCH. YOU WILL SEE IT

·
Banned
98 Posts
ebay products suck

Just about every product you'll see on eBay, that's generic, sucks like balls. I was too lazy to make my own CAI, so I bought a short ram kit. It's like OBX racing or some crap like that. It didn't fit for ****. There were three holes for the O2 sensor. For no reason that I can think of. The elbow was too long, so the filter wouldn't be able to fit in the engine bay, unless for some reason, removing your radiator is a reasonable thing to do? :rolleyes: In any case, I ended up cutting the holes, welding them shut, cutting the pipe down, sanding the whole thing, and recoating it in a ceramic paint. Plus, the couplers they gave did not fit, for one. And there was only one coupler... I guess they think it's supposed to magically float in the right space in your engine bay. It works now. But I ended up having to buy the rubber couplers from hotshot, and do a lot of cutting and welding. And they told me, when I e-mailed them about it, it WILL fit all V6 models. Take it to a professional mechanic, because you obviously don't know what you're talking about. 2 things, I work at an auto shop, both as a hobby, and as a summer job. 2nd, I DID take it to that shop, and had the head mechanic look at it too. And he told me the same thing I thought... it's crap, they're full of ****, and it doesn't fit. They were not cooperative at all. Those little ***gots. In my experience, it's been best to deal with individual sellers on eBay, rather than BS small eBay based companies. Reputable brand name companies on eBay are good too. Like Outlaw Engineering sells products on eBay. But places like... "OBX motors" are a bunch of ****. I've had much more luck with random individual sellers. In fact, individual sellers have been the most polite people I've come across so far. Even Outlaw Engineering was fairly **** to me. Although the transaction went well, they kept calling me, and left me negative feedback anyway. ?? But I got the product so I don't really care. But individual sellers will give you the least amount of BS, and they'll be the most polite. That's just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hmmm...We've only had to leave negative feedback to 2 of the dozens of people we've sold to over eBay and both were for non-payment. The transaction did not "go well" as you stated. We waited 10 days for payment or communication and received neither. Only after we filed a non-paying bidder complaint with eBay did you contact us. We notice that your eBay feedback also has another non-paying bidder complaint, so it looks like we're not the only ones that had problems with you.

Please don't unfairly represent Outlaw Engineering to others on mx6.com.

G

·
Re: ebay products suck

sellergtr said:
There were three holes for the O2 sensor. For no reason that I can think of.
I can't think of why you would have a O2 sensor on your intake tract to begin with :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have purchaced the headers and will be putting them on in a week or so. so i will tell you all what is up with them, if the fit.

·
Registered
165 Posts
scmorgan said:
Hmmm...We've only had to leave negative feedback to 2 of the dozens of people we've sold to over eBay and both were for non-payment. The transaction did not "go well" as you stated. We waited 10 days for payment or communication and received neither. Only after we filed a non-paying bidder complaint with eBay did you contact us. We notice that your eBay feedback also has another non-paying bidder complaint, so it looks like we're not the only ones that had problems with you.

Please don't unfairly represent Outlaw Engineering to others on mx6.com.
sellergtr got pwned!

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
NickOuellette said:
sellergtr got pwned!
Stupid people like him diserve it.
Cold air intake having O2 sensors? yet he works at an auto shop and has to take his cold air intake to a shop to have it installed LOL yeah something more fishy about him then between a hookers legs.

Second... Dont diss on Outlaw?!?! they were fast shipping and great customer service. Your the one that didnt pay on time!

Third.... Ebay doesnt suck if you know what your looking for and Exactly what your looking for. Dont be a sucker and dont be fooled by things easily. You have to be smart.

Fourth... leave... your a disgrace to owning and MX-6

1 - 14 of 14 Posts