Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I been wanting to try something with our headlights for a while now. Im not really sure why I havent tried this before. But alot of people have sent me pm asking for a how to on my old headlights so I thought ok why not. I think it will work although im not completely sure. At any rate, once its done it will be up for sale on ebay. Price starting at 200 or 250. Not just sure yet. Thats just to cover my costs. Of course it will be completely plug and play. And yes I could have waited till I finished the project to post this....but I do like teasing you folks :). I orderd the materials today. Wish me luck and cross your fingers. And someone better buy them, cause im doing this for you guys. :) I already have my pretty headlights. I really really think this is gona work. Hmm yes maybe. Ill just say this. They will be projector and street legal.

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is just a little side project. And only making one. The ones im designing for him will be more high end. I dont think everyone will be able to afford those. They will be HID capable. These wont. But we can do these there too. We should give people some variety, dont you think?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
choices are always good for aftermarket stuff. if there is just 1 or 2 it sucks cuz everyone has them. good call on more designs and good luck!:tup: :tup:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I don't dig the angel eyes they have now.

I love the Jspec look. It'd be sweet to see a style such as the Lexus with the lights housed in a clear outer housing.

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well if all goes well, we may be able to manufacture these ourselves and save some money. I dont see why not. The hardest part will be to fabricate a bracket to mount them.

·
Registered
734 Posts
You're gonna make some headlights that are like the one on your car right now and sell them!?

You're my new hero man... :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
You got pics of your headlights??

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well if this works out, and I really think it should, then we may start mass producing these ourselves. I need to talk to tordon about maybe producing these at his place and selling em through there. Of the top of my head, id say the price should be around $200.

Here are the ones I made not too long ago.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Those are beautiful. I hope these become available, because imo, they look better than the angel eyes already being sold. Good work man, and beautiful 6. I love it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
zijester let me know when those are done ... i am looking for a set and those are better than any ive seen. i will definetly throw in on a set of those..... are they coming with the turn signals too.

·
Registered
558 Posts
How hard would it be to design something like the projectors you made but in a one piece design? I love that style, but the one piece really ties the front end together so much better.
I'm in love with the projectors they make for Civics now like
these or
these

I think what you make is already along those lines, and that's why I love what you made so much more than the angel eyes that are already out...
Anyway, my $.02
~David~

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Damnit lol...a sixer has options now? Wtf, I was just gonna fork out the money for Jspecs but now I actually have to choose which ones before I fork it out? Odd. Good luck on the project.

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have to admit, those honda headlights are beautifull. A one piece design would make it more expensive. You can always add some gts clear covers that will give it that look. Plus you have extra protection for your headlights.

·
Registered
740 Posts
what you are doing is great. I would love to get a set of those, I have already signed up for tordon's taillights. Please keep us posted and my email address is [email protected] if you will be emailing us.

thanks
mrdesi

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I got the parts today. Im just waiting for the cabon fiber to get here. Hopefully...this may turn out easier than I thought.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts