Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally discovered something that looks a ton better than the garage door lip, and this is only $7!

I don't know the technical name of it but it was in the same isle as the garage door lip, its plastic as well

·
Registered
91 Posts
I love it....looks nice and it was cheap... :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
I love it....looks nice and it was cheap... :)
I second that.. what is it exactly you bought and how much work/ trimming to get it to fit as shown.. ? More info would be awesome

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i bought a piece of siding trim or something. idk what its called. it was in the same isle at lowes as the garage door seals. the only trimming needed was cutting the extra length off of one side, other than that just start at one end and work your way around drilling holes to mount it. I used machine bolts and nuts but you can use whatever will work.

total cost was around $8, i already had the machine bolts on hand though.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Doing the same thing as a side skirt. Gona be really low. Will post pix next week!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Home Depot Lip Kit Side Skirt

mounted on L brackets screwed into the bottom of the car and used 3m tape from L bracket to side skirt. total cost of $20.

(Edit: use construction adhesive instead of 3m tape)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i made myself some side skirts. needs some bondo to fill in some holes but its good. so low

disregard that ricey civic... its my brother's...

·
Registered
978 Posts

sealed the cracks with caulk and painted with the right color! now i just need a front and rear kit!

·
Registered
978 Posts
still looking for a rear kit of some sort.

·
Registered
978 Posts
thanks! took forever to paint!

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
That looks good. Did you use a plastic primer or did it take paint well without it ?

·
Registered
978 Posts
No primer. Just prepped and painted!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Going to replicate this front lip myself when I get back from vacation on the 7th. Will post pix!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
That looks nice as hell! I really like the paint. It looks green in some angles, and in others it looks blue.

Sent from my PG86100

1 - 20 of 40 Posts