Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
thanks! it looks really good in person! should i make a how to?

·
Registered
99 Posts
its the trim pieces you use inside an office or a room on the floor bottoms, my bro made one for the front of his 89 probe gt. looks good on the mx6 didnt think anyone had done it on this one.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Mine was some form of screen door trim.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Some time ago I worked at Proplastix , they make window frame parts . I ran so many parts that could have been used for this , I never even thought about it back then. I could have got about all I wanted free ...sadly they left the area for the most part , I think their screen facility is still here.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
^^^ you should buy my jspecs and ditch those angel eye headlights :D

·
Registered
978 Posts
They are plastic but I wouldnt call them siding. They are trim for around screen porches and such.

·
Registered
978 Posts

finished. 3.5" lip all around.

·
Registered
978 Posts
update. I used caulking to seal the gap between the side skirts and the car. it cracks off. i switched to using a black silicone caulking. the silicone stays flexible, but isnt paintable. i painted it but it will soon crack off. black is ok with me tho. 6 months later. still happy with this lip!

·
Registered
978 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Update. It is better to use some kind of glue to attach the L brackets to the lip. The 3m tape works but the lip isn't as strong. Can come off from impacts.

I used PL premium construction adhesive and it fixed my problem. I would use that instead of 3m tape. Probably easier to work with also.

As my 3m tape fails, I am slowly replacing it with glue. :)

It has been 2 years and I still love this lip kit :) only cost around $50 all done.

Reactions: PaulG

·
Registered
978 Posts
Some updated Pix. Higher quality.

Reactions: PaulG

·
Registered
978 Posts
Updated!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Thanks man. I'm probably going to swap the front lip for an integra type r lip. But that's personal preference

21 - 40 of 40 Posts