Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody. I just installed a Panasonic DF88. Man is it sweeeet!! It looks so cool at night! Only took 20 mins. Thank you Canadian Tire!! I bought a wiring harness adapter for $10, the install was a cinch. Next up, installing my Pioneer 500W 12" sub...need to build a new box.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
cool man...

glad it worked out for ya. installing HU's is an easy task. doing it yourself will save you anywhere from 40-75 dollars.

oh yea, i really like the look of the Panasonic day/night decks. hooked one up for a rag of a gf i had at one time.

happy cd listening!!

SolarSlash

G

·
asso said:
Only took 20 mins
Just got in the house after spending an HOUR and not even getting the factory deck out. Never seen one w/o screws before. Did you use the special tool? One of the other coat-hanger/nails techniques? It was certainly no "cinch" for me.

thanks,
-matt

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry to hear your troubles... I actually had a lot of trouble getting the deck out as well. I ended up breaking the faceplate off so I could see where I was supposed to put the damn coat hangers. I had two folded over on each side to make 4 end to push with. I pushed one side in, and then pulled to get it released. I then worked the other side. The only part of the install that was a cinch, was the installation of the aftermarket deck. I got a wiring harness adapter that made it really easy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts