Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, im a newb here, but here goes......got me a 93 mx-6 ls, i wanna completely overhaul it from bottom end to top, including single turbo and full dual 3" exhaust. My question is......where can i find a really good performance intake, fuel injectors, turbo exhaust manifold, and intercooler to fit this car?? ive been looking everywhere for the intake and exhaust manifolds and cant find them, ive seen them on pictures of other peeps cars but cant find one for myself.

thanks for any help you can give!

·
Registered
136 Posts
i think you can use stock/headers and then you just get turbo pipes? i dont think they are normal turbo manifolds. as far as intake manifold, i dont think there are any that are aftermarket, might wanna look into getting klze's intake manifold

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
T4TURBO said:
i think you can use stock/headers and then you just get turbo pipes? i dont think they are normal turbo manifolds. as far as intake manifold, i dont think there are any that are aftermarket, might wanna look into getting klze's intake manifold

what is different about the klze intake?

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
There are no widely produced aftermarket intake manifolds.

As far as prefab'd exhaust turbo piping setups currently in production, I think you are limited to MMI. Send a Private Message to RevZempoe on here for details on it.
OxyCrusher said:
here is a link to the intake manifold that i want but i cant find out what kind it is or how to get it.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/466742/2
That manifold is made by someone on here (I think it's Mici?.. I forget) and is not widely produced or else I'd imagine I'd have seen more of them by now than his and maybe one or two others. I'm sure someone else here can chime in with more details on it.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Yes, that was a custom make IM. The problem with the custom IMs, is that you're going to typically lose a lot of low end power, however your peak will be higher. It depends on what you are trying to accomplish with your car. As for the turbo, research the MMI kit. There is a very large thread on here and a bulk buy involving it. They also offer headers that double as primaries when you're ready.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts