Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had asked before about changing my interior and I got no response so I ask once more. Has anyone changed the colour of their entire dash not just the black trim. If yes is it a DIY job. and two does anyone know any websites where I can get new carpet for the floor and ceiling of the 6 thank you.

G

·
0 Posts
i've been wondering about that too...cus i wanna redo the whole interior momoblue with white accents and where would i get the whole carpet and headliner in momoblue (don't know if that's wut the color is called but i want it in the color of the blue momo shift boot)...so please post some pics if u've done a complete interior mod and how hard it was.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
It is a do it yourself job. i have done mine, not finished yet but i have not done the carpet or the headliner( i want to) mine is white. i just have to get the front dash piece out. i am going to redo mine once again with more white and do it very good this time.

just take your time and then take more time to make sure you do it right. dont rush it at all, if you rush then it will look shitty. later

·
Registered
73 Posts
there is a company in the superstreet magazine the sells carpet for our cars any color you want i got mine from them and it fit good the company is ACC you can find the ad in this months issue it will cost 130 which is a really good price
as for the head liner i actually covered mine with vinyl i got from walmart is matches my seats and with the right adhesive it works great but it is kind of difficult removing the head liner and putting it back in now if i could figure out how to do my sun visors id be set

G

·
0 Posts
doing it right now

changing my interior to black and silver right now.
the visor are a pain in the a$$. i'm trying to find some stock black 93 mx6 seats. my interior is or was tan
my interior has been like a 3 week process of doing it my self with my dad. its very very time cunsuming if you do it right. but its not too hard

·
Registered
41 Posts
just got done doing my interior... tore everything out but the dash and the middle console where the stereo is... I used vinyl die... (like spraypaint but alot cleaner) doesnt cost that much and looks as good as new vinyl... i saw a company on ebay that makes a carpet kit, for mine its was 110 shipped to my house (have 1st gen)... look under auto carpet...eventuly you will run into the company...goto the website and order it up...many different colors

G

·
0 Posts
vinyl dye?

where did u get the dye from and how much did it cost? also do u know wut colors it comes in?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well I get my vinyl dye from a fabric store. You have to use a prep first (takes away oils and grease) and then put the dye on (simular to spray paint). The dye sprays a lighter mist than spray paint so many coats are needed (6-10).. If you have any questions email me at [email protected] Working on geting my pictures back of the whole process.... The prep cost 7$ a can (you will only need 1) and the paint is usually 8-9$ a can.... Comes in all colors... you name it... and if after time it gets dirty you can take soap and water to it and clean it right up... dont have to worry about scuffing it up.. and if you do than u just touch it up a little.

[Edited by unikstylz11 on 04-16-2001 at 02:57 PM]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts