Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey get a load of this. Many of u have heard of blow off valves rite? The vrrrrrmmm...pssshh. But to get that sound u gotta get turbo. Well a new JDM product called electric blow off valve sound maker, makes just that sound. Right now it costs 34,000 yen which is $309 US. and there's also an amplifier for 89 US if u want ur blow off valve louder. It works by a processor taht watches the airflow meter voltage. it would set it off every time the throttle is closed. and u can tune the sensitivity.

Here's a pic:

You can read more about this in april issue of sportcompact car or http://www.night-pager.com (only in japanese)

ANother new jdm product is dragon fire. everytime u change gears it shoots flame out of the exhaust pipe. U see these kind of things in rally cars and f1 cars only becuase they have very high tuned engines that burn gas like a mother. this works by a switch. if u want flames u flip the switch and it'll increases the amount of gas that the injectors spray. An ignitor in the exhaust will use that gas and creat a shooting flame. Don't worry it's safe. This dragon fire costs 85000 yen which is 773 US dollars. Hella expensive but its new so i guess it has to be expensive.

[Edited by Chunchoy14 on 03-13-2001 at 01:07 AM]

·
Registered
216 Posts
hmmmm

its sort of like turbo with out spending 3-4thousand!! ohh yea and with out any horsepower???????? hmmm 309.00 for some noise,, naa ,, but thats still pretty cool!!

·
Registered
475 Posts
That would be the definition of the word "ghetto". Like those people who throw the type r logos on their civics or the m editions things on their bimmers.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i like this cause it sounds good and i'm not trying advertise that i have "turbo". I don't care about performance. As u can see i have 4 cyl auto. And i can't afford spending money on turbo just to get that blow off valve sound. Yea, 309 is expensive for now, but i'm sure it'll be brought over here and with a reduced price. Hey, just tryin to get something thats out of the norm. Like the dragon fire, hehe.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yo jdmxsix, its new and only in Japan how would u know how it sounds on a car.Stop bullshitting, you're not even in Japan and you're sporting a fake jdm in ur JDMxsix. I didn't post that to get opinions. I posted that to spread some info on the new things out there.

·
Registered
579 Posts
heard OF them...i can read...
me too!! that's why I'd get a TURBO...for that sweet sound!hahaha

[Edited by asso on 03-15-2001 at 03:35 PM]

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
Sounds like some serious ricer stuff, huh?!! I like the blow off sound too, but BIG NO NO! I think even if I had the turbo, I'd still wanted the blow off sound quiet so no-one knows that I have forced induction. And then go kill 'em all with that stealth performance!!!
Mici

·
Registered
475 Posts
Yo back off of jdmx6, chunch. It's only a new product for our car. Doesn't mean they haven't made for other cars. They ahve been out for years for other cars and i ahve heard them civics and they are sooo ghetto sounding. Typical ricer shit

·
Registered
216 Posts
calm down

ok now theres no need to fight,were all friends here!

·
Registered
475 Posts
here's a better idea. Hook up a 12" sub under your hood. Then hook it up to the stereo. record the sound of a ferari engine and play it the stereo while your driving. everyone will be like "hey it sounds like he's driving a ferari!!"

·
Registered
216 Posts
allworldkj said:
here's a better idea. Hook up a 12" sub under your hood. Then hook it up to the stereo. record the sound of a ferari engine and play it the stereo while your driving. everyone will be like "hey it sounds like he's driving a ferari!!"

LOL :)

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
flames out of the exhaust eh? when i think of that one word comes to mind ---> "ILLEGAL" <---
picture a cop in a chase and all of a sudden the car theif shifts to 5th gear and all the cops sees is flames and has to back off from a potentially dangerous situation... there is no way in hell thats gonna be let into North America... they didnt even give us the JSPEC :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts