·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Parts that installed over TG break :)
- ZE Intake Manifold
- Phenolic Spacers (Port match)
- 65mm TB w/ZE IAC
- New VCGs (YES finally fix the oil leak)

Here's couple pictures of the finished engine bay :)

First I wanna say thanks to Omaha95PGT and a big :tup: to his work :) I don't think I can get this done without him, well maybe I can but it'll take a lot longer, but I did learned a lot just working with him for that few hours. The whole thing took us about 6 hours, little bit long but it's well worth with. The power gain is awesome, car pull a lot harder on the freeway without downshifting, it also picks up quicker from a stop.

There were few problems on the swap, first I didn't get to install the TB spacer, cuz the hardware kit that I ordered from outlaw didn't comes with the TB spacer screws. I just order the TB hardware kit today so hopefully I can get it done over winter break. Second I still have the coolant bypassed on the TB due to a broken nipple on the ZE IAC, but I'll hook the coolant back up as soon as the jb weld seal. Last and the most annoying problem is the funky idle, I got a 1100 ~ 2200 rpm idle, usually start from 1500 and goes up as I drive it, anyone has an idea on what's going on? We tried to adject the TPS but no luck, maybe the TB is not bedding in but 2200 rpm is a bit too high IMO. And during the installation, we found a vaccum line that Marc never seen it before, probably appear only on 96+ model, anyone did a swap on a 96+ and know where is that supposed to go? Also, the engine light came on 2 day after the installation, I reset the ECU while I was trying to fix the idle problem, and the engine light never comes on again. Any suggestion?

Anywayz, thought that I'll share some picture and expersience :)

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
PM me when you get the chance - i have some more ideas for ya.

·
The Full Dong
2,595 Posts
the cell is most likely EGR related.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Re: fan shroud

iculukn said:
hey man

where did you get that fan shroud? I want one that is similar to that one.
PT BB :D It's over tho, but you can get one on their site

Yea, I'll see what happen when I hook the coolant back up over winter break, and yup that's what we thought on that one vaccum line, EGR, and that's probably why the engine light came on. Gotta work on it over winter break :)

G

·
do you live in omaha nebraska?

just want to no if ive seen you around here ?
there are not that many mod mx6s around here

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: do you live in omaha nebraska?

1993-mx-6 said:

just want to no if ive seen you around here ?
there are not that many mod mx6s around here
No but Omaha95PGT used to live there (I think) before he moved back to IL

·
Registered
96 Posts
Re: Re: do you live in omaha nebraska?

MazdaMX6 said:
No but Omaha95PGT used to live there (I think) before he moved back to IL
Yeah, I used to live there (58th and Grover area), I just moved in July. I had a stock looking Black Probe GT with the mods listed (at the time). Yeah there were basically no Modified PGT's or MX6's when I was over there. I saw one PGT at the Saturday Night Drags at MAM, but no MX6's ever.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts