Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I picked up these rare rims off a local guy. So far, no one likes them.
Theyre BBS Vert wheels off the 2G Rx7's. Added some paint.
I personally like the color with my car. Some/No one does. Enjoy...... or not:shrug:

The tires are too big. I need 225/50/15's. These are 205/60/15.

Yes, the tires are VERY chunky.:freak:

Old school look with my old school car.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Meh.... They look alright to me:shrug: . My 6 is on repair duty now since I hydroplaned, so I am getting new shocks, joints, bushings, and springs- So soon enough I'll be as low as you! Vanessa now has a bit more exotic look to her now.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Your other black rims still look best on your car to me. Those suit the color of your car amazingly! Red was are iffy to me, if thats a word? They're starting to grow on me but maybe with smaller tires they'd look better :shrug:

-Tyler

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Meh.... They look alright to me:shrug: . My 6 is on repair duty now since I hydroplaned, so I am getting new shocks, joints, bushings, and springs- So soon enough I'll be as low as you! Vanessa now has a bit more exotic look to her now.
I need new rear struts. My pass side is making horrible squeeking noises with the slightest pressure. It sucks. Shes not really that low. I dont know, for some reason Ive had the best luck with these 2G Dropzone springs.
Thanks, she does have a rather sexy look now. Red shoes :D

Your other black rims still look best on your car to me. Those suit the color of your car amazingly! Red was are iffy to me, if thats a word? They're starting to grow on me but maybe with smaller tires they'd look better :shrug:

-Tyler
Yea. Im keeping the other rims. These are just for a while. I just love the red with my blue. Today I went to some friends houses. The first thing they said was "What the hell, where are your rims?!?" After a while they started to like them. It takes some time. They'll grow on you.

I guess you could say its another 1G first. Hahaha. First with E-specs sidemarkers and tails in the US. First with custom headlights/amber corners. First with red rims

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I like it too, reminds me of an old school Corrolla GTS.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ray you finally did them, i like it actually. i agree. old school look. keep it up
Yup, I had too. These are different rims though. Those other Prime wheels were too crappy. Heavy, ugly rivets, messed up too. These are like brand new.

KING6, are you saying if they were black?? They use to be black. Hahaha

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
hey mang, i think it looks great, nice old skool look....most people think that everything has to match...a little clashing is always good ;)

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
They woulod looks good painted black.....I'm just not liking the red. I'm not really a big fan of 1gen 6's either, but your car is one that I do like. So paint the rims and it'll look flippin good.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
then you made your car ugly. sorry.

the colors dont go together very well
Ohhh well, You didnt have to say it like that.
Whatever. The whole point was to make the colors stand out.

I'll be sure to give you a pat on the back when your buying neons and superwhites at Autozone. Sorry.

Yes, if I kept them black they would look nice. I already have black rims.....
So far, black, gold, gunmetal, and now red. Just wanted to share my style.

It'll grow on you.

yeah ray, paint them black and look like every other car out there.............

ugh
Thank you Sir!!!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
I've always loved your car! And, like you said, the rims grow on you. After I scrolled up for a 2nd time, I really like 'em!!

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I really like the style of the wheels... Got something similar on mine. But personally I don't think the dark red goes with the blue.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I personally like em! Nice clash of colors... kinda old school ya know.

Hey if you know of anyone in the Orlando or Tampa area that has those rims for sale leme know.

Im looking for a set and I dont wana pay for shipping over the net. Thx man! Keep up the good work on the 6!!!

1 - 20 of 89 Posts