Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buddy at work just bought a new mach 1 mustang. :tup: super nice car. on the way home from work today, he stops next to me at a light. i didnt know he was following me! we chat a little, then the light turns green. we both start out normal, then he hammers it. i hammer it soon after. at about 6k, my tires break loose and im up at 7500 rpms!! ooopsy!! :D didnt matter too much, he squealled them also.

so he jumps out to a once car length lead. im sticking right next to him all the way through 2nd gear, when i was just about to shut down. i hear him miss 3rd gear, but he recovered very quickly, so i quickly shift up and hammer it again. at this time, i get back up to his rear bumper. that was at about 70-80mph. we continue up to 110mph, and he never pulled from me. i kept my own. i was very happy. the car runs a 13.3 et stock. we pulled over, and talked about the race. he was impressed. :D my first street race vs. and actual fast car since the turbo.

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
:tup:

we really, really need to geet to the track lol

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Goatcrapp said:
:tup:

we really, really need to geet to the track lol
your damn right we do!! the guy i raced used to have a supercharged corvette, and him and his buddies have a drag mustang that runs low 8's. he thinks my car is at least mid-high 13's. but i dont hang on comments like that. some dumbass on the side of the road can see me drive by and say my car can run 11's. but, after keeping pace with him, i know im in the 13's as of right now.

chris: we need to race each other :D

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
Edit*

Sorry, I was thinking of Goat's boost, what are you boosting at right now?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
what all does the mustang have done??
I raced a mach 1 at the track, we were dead even through 1st and 2nd it looked like i was starting to pull, then i missed 3rd:E and he ended up running a 14.9, he also had a ~110 pound passenger though... It was probably an automatic now that i think about it, cuz the guy driving it was in his 40's aswell

Good Race!!

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mavric03 said:
Edit*

Sorry, I was thinking of Goat's boost, what are you boosting at right now?
anywhere from 5-8psi. :) she's going to blow if i keep driving like that!!

silver: it was a stock one. 1800 miles :) they run a 13.3 et. fast cars.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
i cant believe they run 13.3 stock, the SVT cobra runs a 13.1 and it has a supercharger which makes 80 extra hp... i searched around and the fastest ive found is high 13's, like 13.6-9, most places say a 14.0..
ide ask to see his slips!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
SilverLS said:
i cant believe they run 13.3 stock, the SVT cobra runs a 13.1 and it has a supercharger which makes 80 extra hp... i searched around and the fastest ive found is high 13's, like 13.6-9, most places say a 14.0..
ide ask to see his slips!
A --Mach I-- has a 4V motor just like the Cobras do, with a shaker hood scoop. They run mid to low13s stock. The new Cobra you are thinking about runs a 12.9 or so in stock form. They are VERY comparable cars.

Good run Solar... I'd say it sounds like you have a high 13sec car!!!

·
Eternal College Student
4,645 Posts
i pretty much found out first hand at the track the other night that those things mean nothing at all. what has merit is what you beat on the street. all of a sudden hearing alleged quarter mile times from stock cars tested by magazines pisses me off to no end!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
see thats the thing though, if i told you i ran a 15.0 stock, you would look at the magazine 1/4 mile times which say an mx6 does 1/4 in 15.5-7 and say there is no way i did that because of what the magaines times said, so dont say hearing 1/4 mile times from magazines pisses u off.. here this guy says he runs a 13.3, when his stock time is closer to a 14.0 in the magazines and u totally go for it because?? How are these times alleged? they actually do test the cars to find their times!

·
Eternal College Student
4,645 Posts
well i guess i'm driving my car totally wrong because i consistently beat 14 second cars(as tested by magazines). even low 14 second cars i can beat too, and i went to the track friday and it's f'in impossible! i ran mid 15s with like 2.5-2.6 60ft times, and i missed second a couple times, and was only doin like 92-93 mph i know my car's faster than that

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
well those are terrible 60 foot times..
i ran low-mid 15's with 2.3 60ft's and 88mph traps, i dunno why but my car does terrible trap speeds!
ive beat a few cars magazines claim run 14's aswell, but you can usually attribute that to bad driving

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
ummm the 03 cobra can turn low 12's in stock trim, and the 32v engine in the Mach one is not sc'd the cobra would rip it a new one...magazine time are neve totally correct as the driver has no time to learn his car before he runs it...

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
come on guys...dont make me close my OWN thread. LOL!! jk. mustangs are no joke. american muscle is always a challenge for us. no matter how much work we do.

Victheslic: i knew you would. thats why i have it ;)

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
The Anti Rice said:
magazine time are neve totally correct as the driver has no time to learn his car before he runs it...
i agree with that!

about the supercharged mach1, you mustve read my post wrong, i said the cobra was supercharged! Does the mach1 just have the same engine? unsupercharged of course!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I understood that , i was replying to whoever said the would be very comparable, I don't think they are the same engine, there are many flavors of the 4.6 modular engine which all use the same block(someone correct me if i am wrong)... you can swap DOHC heads for SOHC heads and pistons and rods all fit each engine regardless of head design, so in a sense yes it would be the same engine, but I highly doubt it, id say that they used the lower compression GT pistons for the boost from the supercharger, I am not sure though so please correct me if I am wrong.

Actually the Bullitt and the Mach 1 ARE very comparable, they are like the base C5 vette and the cobra is the Z06. If that makes it clearer...

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
The Anti Rice said:
I understood that , i was replying to whoever said the would be very comparable, I don't think they are the same engine, there are many flavors of the 4.6 modular engine which all use the same block(someone correct me if i am wrong)... you can swap DOHC heads for SOHC heads and pistons and rods all fit each engine regardless of head design, so in a sense yes it would be the same engine, but I highly doubt it, id say that they used the lower compression GT pistons for the boost from the supercharger, I am not sure though so please correct me if I am wrong.

Actually the Bullitt and the Mach 1 ARE very comparable, they are like the base C5 vette and the cobra is the Z06. If that makes it clearer...
well anti-rice... you are wrong and right. The 4.6L motor has a DOHC motor which is known as a 32V motor or a 4V motor. there is a SOHC variation of this motor which is known as a 16V or a 2V motor. The Cobra ALWAYS gets the 4V while the GT gets the 2V.

The 03 motor is a 4V motor with a supercharger. The bottom end on 4V motors is forged, and will accept high boost levels with ease.

The motor in the Mach I is a 32V, DOHC motor with NO supercharger. These motors have been tweaked a bit such as the shaker hood intake, some suspension mods, and other breathing mods. They are VERY fast and are VERY comparable to a stock LS1 car.

You are wrong when you say the motors can be switched around with ease. While that is what Ford likes to tout, it is not true (wholly). To swap a DOHC from a SOHC gets to be SO crazy it is cheaper to just swap in a whole motor. While you can begin to change things over, replacing one thing from one setup to another usually means sitching more like 4 or 5 things!!!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
And I was comparing the Mach 1 to an Ls1 car, but the Cobra gets the Ls6 treatment, and an LS6, as we all know is one mean sombitch.

But I did not know that a 32v bottom end was forged, is it like that in the Mach and Bullitt?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts