Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
all my mazda and mazda racing stickers on my car have the new "flying mazda logo" on them, so i ordered a new "flying mazda" hood emblem to replace my old one so no old mazda logos will remain on my car, do you guys think that's pretty sweet, or gay?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I was actually thinking of doing that as well.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I did it and it does look cool, nice and low key. But Damn if that little piece of plastic ain't expensive! A new Mazda emblem for a Miata cost me close to 20 bucks! So it's up to you whether or not it's worth it. Personally, my old badge was pitted and kinda crappy looking, so I think it was a pretty good investment. Just make sure you use toothfloss to pry the old one out.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Just make sure you use toothfloss to pry the old one out.
What do you mean?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Removing emblems...

What he meant is that you can use a piece of tooth floss to remove the old emblems. You can also use a credit card, but they are connected via a stick backing, so you just need something to pull them loose. The floss sounds like a good way to do this...

·
Registered
242 Posts
Is there a clip holding the old one down as well? Or is it just stick backing?

Is the Miata the only car that has the one that would fit an MX-6 or are there other cars? I want to call around the local auto salvage places.

·
Registered
98 Posts
There's no clip, but there are two plastic posts that fit into two holes in the hood. The new badge has four smaller posts that you just have to snap off. The "wings" on the new badge will cover the holes, but I recommend putting a little putty in the holes just to ensure that no water gets in. As for the Miata emblem, there may be others that would work, but it happens to be about the right size and curve to fit the 6's hood.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks

thanks for the input guys, i'll definely use the dental floss tipl:cool:

·
Registered
446 Posts
all my mazda and mazda racing stickers on my car have the new "flying mazda logo" on them, so i ordered a new "flying mazda" hood emblem to replace my old one so no old mazda logos will remain on my car, do you guys think that's pretty sweet, or gay?
I prefer the de-badged look. A bit tougher to make that happen though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
emblems

yeah, you can get the eblem from a local dealer but I got all of my decals and racing stickers off of ebay, just type in "mazda decal"

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
yeah, the flying m emblem looks pretty good on the 6.

btw, mx-666, your sig is waaaaay too long. I think there's like a 5 line limit.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts