Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1993 Mazda MX-6 LS Coupe 2-Door 2.5L 2497CC V6 GAS DOHC Naturally Aspirated. VIN 1YVGE31B3P5175271
Airbag Diagnostic Module. Code 52. I do know that 52 is a backup power supply issue. And I think that power supply is within the Airbag Diagnostic Module. My questions are: 1. Anybody know where I can purchase a new or used Airbag Diagnostic Module (the sites I've found come back as "part discontinued)"? 2. Is there another car (Ford maybe) that has the same compatible part? 3. Is there a place I can send the old Airbag Diagnostic Module to have the code 52 backup power supply issue fixed?

·
Registered
45 Posts
The 626 module should be the one in the same if you can find it. The above is a 97 module but I can't confirm that it will work for the 1993. Maybe someone else here can tune in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 626 module should be the one in the same if you can find it. The above is a 97 module but I can't confirm that it will work for the 1993. Maybe someone else here can tune in.
Thank you 'jaded' ... That's the issue I've found as well ... that the 626 might work for the MX-6 but not for a 1993. Just have not been able to find a 1993 module. TMT

·
Registered
18 Posts
So I have a 93Ls and was just at the local bone yard where they just received in 2 93 626, pulled the air bag clock spring for my mx6 and it is the same, so may be the module is same as well, I know they went to duel air bags in 94 so don't think anything after 93 will work

1 - 5 of 5 Posts