Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
hey all..

just bought a '93 Mazda MX-6 from my mom (4cyl, auto.). it was a good deal, b/c i knew the original owner. always garage kept and old-lady driven.. every used car buyer's dream! :)

anyways, i have that idle/vibration problem.. i already gave it a complete tune-up (plugs, wires, mobil-1, ..etc.) and still has the "shakes", so i'm going to try some fuel additive today as per the postings on this website..

i'll keep you all posted on the tranny/idle "shakes".

btw, i idle at about 500-600 RPMs.. whether in neutral or drive.. so, i'm guessing it's a fuel problem too..

oh, anyone else's ashtray pop open by itself? agh! that's annoying!

-edwin

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
welcome to the best car club around. my ash tray doesnt open when i want it to but oh well, good luck with your six

·
Registered
179 Posts
i hate my ash tray, i wedged a folded up piece of paper in between the spring so it stays closed most of the time. i don't smoke anyways. But hey, welcome to the club!

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
well, i went to alldata.com and i saw that there is a Technical Service Bulletin for our ash-trays.. i don't smoke either, but dammit that's annoying!!!

i'm going to go to the dealer and read the bulletin and see if there's a fix that's cheaper than the $88 the dealer wants for the ash tray!!!!

-edwin

·
Registered
236 Posts
idle shake

Congrats on your purchase of a fine machine!!
I also have a 93 2.0L (5-speed)..

My exhaust will make a slight rattle sound when I idle and sit on just the right angled hill... Chiltons says our idle RPM is 750.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts