Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just picked up my first MX6 last night. 1997 2.5 manual. Fairly good condition but will need some jobs doing. Was a lovely ride home but rather chilly as there is no controller for the heater fan.

I think I can see something through the slot but I guess the controller has snapped off. Is it a take out the dashboard job to fit a new one?
TIA

·
Registered
79 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the owner's club!

Unfortunately I can't answer your question now, but I do plan on removing my dash in the next couple weeks, so if no one has answered it by then, I'll try to get a picture.

Is there a stub in there you can push around with a screwdriver or something as a temporary solution?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats and welcome to the owner's club!

Unfortunately I can't answer your question now, but I do plan on removing my dash in the next couple weeks, so if no one has answered it by then, I'll try to get a picture.

Is there a stub in there you can push around with a screwdriver or something as a temporary solution?
Thank you, I think this forum will be a great source of information.

Someone elsewhere mentioned I may be able to remove the dash fascia to get to the heater control.

I can see something through the slot, looks like something clips into a hole, I'm guessing that would be the actual slider control. Will be interested to see how you get on. Why are you removing the dashboard?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thank you, I think this forum will be a great source of information.

Someone elsewhere mentioned I may be able to remove the dash fascia to get to the heater control.

I can see something through the slot, looks like something clips into a hole, I'm guessing that would be the actual slider control. Will be interested to see how you get on. Why are you removing the dashboard?
Two reasons: 1) there's a crack in the dash that was badly repaired which I would like to repair properly, and 2) the instrument cluster back lighting (when the headlights are on) has a tendency to flicker (I suspect a bad ground, so I'm just going to clean up all the connections).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts