Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my bumble bee got written off. Someone rear ended it and ended it's life. I had it for 3 years...smashed it myself a couple times. but it was a huge experience for me and opened lots of doors. I learned my how to do a motor swap on my own, and i painted it twice...along with learning a lot about cars in general. Let's not forget meeting a LOT of new friends.

But it's gone, i was very sad. However, i have found a replacement. It is an mx6...and i'm quite satisfied to start off with. And today made me believe this car was in fact, an upgrade.

Local car show today, and i dynoed the new ride... 173 whp, 157 wtq. Nice upgrade considering the untuned ZE in the bumble bee was 159 whp and 140 wtq. Driving the car alone i knew it was better, faster, stronger.

I also have videos of the 3 dyno runs. Sorry for poor quality...350 dollar camera ;)

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my first mods are...
installing the already used from previous mx6:
tokico illumina 5 ways and DZ coils
J-spec headlights
My previous headunits, and amps...with a different sub.

Not sure on paint yet, but i was thinking a viper blue...or rx8 winning blue...or stealth's silver/gun metal scheme. I love that color ;)

David

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
very nice!! definitely an upgrade imo. what are the current plans? whats currently on the car besides the ze, intake and exhaust (muffler?)...

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
damn. beat me to it. lol.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Great to hear Dave -- and damn, that was so quick to get a replacement! How much did you end up paying for it?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
damn. beat me to it. lol.
;)

it as far as i know has the following mods...

KLZE tuned (with i dont know what)
hotshot headers
CAI with injen filter
2.5 inch exaust crush bent (so not really a true 2.5 inch)
apex-i muffler (not that it makes a difference, i hate the way it looks too)
a lightened stock mx6 flywheel.
ACT 6 puck racing clutch to handle 340 hp or so.
Oh, and a viper 2 way pager alarm system and keyless entry (never had that before!)
Great to hear Dave -- and damn, that was so quick to get a replacement! How much did you end up paying for it?
well i dont want to discuss prices, sinec some of you might not like the idea i spent X dollars on a 93 car specially an mx6...but considering the car was local, and already had a tuned ZE, it was worth it to me.

I paid the ammount i got from insurance plus 200 dollars ;) so not bad at all...

David

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
;)
well i dont want to discuss prices, sinec some of you might not like the idea i spent X dollars on a 93 car specially an mx6...but considering the car was local, and already had a tuned ZE, it was worth it to me.

I paid the ammount i got from insurance plus 200 dollars ;) so not bad at all...

David
Well as long as you're happy, then great. :) I'm sure you'll do well to keep us update with any changes, especially new paint. How bout opening a poll and post up some photoshops of the paint schemes you're deciding between?

·
Registered
659 Posts
make sure you take care of the rust.
sorry about bumblebee.. well, what are you going to do with this car? it's got almost every bolt on.

·
Registered
951 Posts
doesnt really look like 2.5" exhaust...must be outter diameter

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Dave, the new car looks nice. That sucks that they wrote off the Bumble Bee. I really liked your car. I don't care what anybody thinks of the price an mx6 goes for. I overpayed on mine But I got what I wanted, when I wanted it and that is all that really matters. Sure, you can pick up an mx6 for $1000-2000 but you get what you pay for. I spent a little over 2k for mine but it's exactly what I wanted. Paint code C8, 5 speed, and black leather. Oh yeah :) I think you should go with the Viper blue or perhaps paint it C8 like mine. Sexiest stock color code for an mx6. Good luck with the new car.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
way 2 go on getting a new 6... sad to hear the bumble bee wont be "stinging" anyone anymore!! i like ur new 6 a lot! good luck with everything!

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
way 2 go on getting a new 6... sad to hear the bumble bee wont be "stinging" anyone anymore!! i like ur new 6 a lot! good luck with everything!
thanks guys. Im excited. And a lot of people seem to be liking this one better. Probably because it's straight, and isn't yellow! lol

ill have to get some PSs done to it to see how it looks with different colors.

I'm gonna start doing research on colt cams too, i think colt cams and a borla exaust would be a nice end to the performance that i think it should get. Anyone know if you need MS or anything like that to tune the motor for the cams?? (not to put the thread too off topic)

David

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
ask ragin... i bet he would know.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts