Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys... I just got my Mx6 for my b-day... and I was wondering wat I should do with it.... like part wise.... so can someone help me out and give me some advice

·
Registered
551 Posts
welcome :) and i suggest tune-up first and foremost.

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
See Cassie...you can give some technical advice too.

What year is your mx6, and how many miles, engine, and automatic or manual, a lot of suggestions will depend on that. The first thing you'll want to do is make sure everything is running right. If you have a lot of miles, you may want to think about putting a new clutch in if you have a manual. I don't really want to make any other suggestions before I know what engine you have and a few more details about the car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well its a 95 manual trans. and it has 68k miles on it.... everything is good and such.... I just need to know what I should do with it

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
Well, if you have the v6, I would start with the basics. After your car ahs a tune-up for all the things needed, the first thing people usually do is a cold air intake. I got mine for $50 by using a prelude intake off ebay (see 2nd generation projects forum, i think it's in there.) Cat back exhaust is also a good idea. A short throw shifter will help you shift a bit quicker. From there, you will have to start paying more for mods, since there isn't a huge aftermarket for the mx6. Things like headers, a better clutch and lightened flywheel, and phenolic spacers (These aren't actually that expensive, they just help reduce heat). Lowering is also a common thing, I'd say a lot of people do it for show, but it helps in cornering also. There are B pillar bars for sale and strut bars that will make your car feel stiffer. You can also replace the intake manifold with the Japanese counterpart KLZE, or the whole engine for that matter, but you'd have to deal with emissions. There is also a turbo piping kit on the market for I believe $800, but it could be more.

Basically, just go to the other performance sub forum in the 2G forum, and browse around in there to see what people were happy with, or the forced induction sub forum if you want to go that route.

If you're looking for appearance, start with wheels, and go from there. Tinting your windows makes it look much better. There are j-spec headlights for sale that not only look nicer, but also improve the night vision a lot, since our lighting is not very good. Body kits don't look bad on the mx6 either, but the shogun is very common, so you might want to stay away from that. More or less, appearance is only about what YOU like, not what other people say...there will always be people that don't like your car and will probably voice their opinion about it. Good luck, and hopefully, you'll like it as much as I do.:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a lot man.... I was raised as a nissan 240 guy.... so when I got this car it was a big suprise.....Thats why I have no education what so ever on this car.... but hopefully guys like you will help me out and educate me more.... thanks a lot bro.... I will take your advice into consideration since I got a little money to spend on the car.... but so far I like it a lot... just the way it is.... but seriously thanks

Will

1 - 6 of 6 Posts