Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, the stingray kit is off and the stock pieces are back on. Emblems on back are also shaved and the pinstriping and LS badging are gone. The car just came out of the paintbooth this morning. It is a black then gold fleck, then candied titanium on top.
Jspecs should be in within the week, 15% tint all around next monday, and suspension will be reinstalled when i get home in december.

--Kendon

·
Registered
118 Posts
Loks really good, im getting mine painted soon, or hoping too

·
Registered
425 Posts
Dude, i love the color, but you copied me! Haha looks really nice.
I guess you have more green flake and I have more blue. Mine's called VW Platinum Gray and its on the new Beetles and Jettas.

-Craig

·
Registered
341 Posts
i like Stingray kit, but well, its your car, nice color.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the feedback.
~mxer, the kit is gone, i traded it for stock parts + $100 to wutek, a local 6er. I sold the kit cause I'm in a new phase of my life, I'd rather be clean and subtle than brash and kitted (even though the stingray was fun). I might stick a lipkit on @ somepoint, but that's not right now.
~as for all those who say I copy, I say bah. I chose the color from 1500 miles away and I was actually leaning towards a midnight metallic blue, but I left the final decision to my pops considering I couldn't see the color swatches. So he copied you ;)
I'm surprised nobody said anything about the tails.

--Kendon

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
thank god you got rid of that kit :X

·
Registered
965 Posts
Nice color. Nice color matching rims too.

sweet tails, yeah they're clean.
What are you talking about?

·
Registered
398 Posts
The JDM tails don't have that rectangle reflector in the middle, its more like a rounded square, but its hard to see in the pics. I was j/k bout the copying thing..your car looks dope.

RYZ ROKT

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
those aren't JDM tails, I was saying I'm surprised nobody said I should paint the tails. I like how I got credit for having such sick stock tails though ;).

--Kendon

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Yeah, about those tail lights, i spent quite a bit of time looking at them and then mine in the garage trying to figure out what the difference was and I couldn't see it, guess that is becuase there is none eh? So the only difference between stock north american tails and the jspec ones is a little refelective square?? Weird, if anyone has, please post pics of jspec and north american tails i would like to see if i could see the difference.

anyway, car looks great, nice color, and a big :tup: for getting rid of the kit, our cars dont need kits to look good :).

-Bryce

1 - 18 of 18 Posts