Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i just did some sick fab. work on an intercooler piping kit and i put a probinator chip in. car was running fine for like a minute and then the idle went to about 2500-3000 rpms and would start bto drop down to 1000rpms and it would be constant up to down at idle... any ideas... everything is real tight clamps and everything...

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
hey guys i just did some sick fab. work on an intercooler piping kit and i put a probinator chip in. car was running fine for like a minute and then the idle went to about 2500-3000 rpms and would start bto drop down to 1000rpms and it would be constant up to down at idle... any ideas... everything is real tight clamps and everything...
you got a leak bro, ur piping is leaking somewhere

·
Registered
234 Posts
I dont think your intercooler piping is leaking, it should be a vacuum leak on the manifold somewhere. And yes if you messed with the Idle Air Control valve, That could cause it.

Why did you have to mess with the IAC?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dont think your intercooler piping is leaking, it should be a vacuum leak on the manifold somewhere. And yes if you messed with the Idle Air Control valve, That could cause it.

Why did you have to mess with the IAC?
Long story short since i got the car its been idling at about 1500 rpms i did the piping kit and i figured why not give it a adjustment to try and get it to about 800-1000 but no it decides to hate me lol

·
Registered
499 Posts
No it doesn't hate you, you never addressed the issue before friggin with it. You may have introduced more leakage with the intercooler etc... Agreed you probably have a leak on the manifold , as mention before/above or the vacuum lines that are probably very rusted under the intake manifold.

I am not trying to crap on you, but you had a idling prob before you started. so you introduced another variable with your "upgrade". You may need to back track (AKA reinstall the old equipment) to resolve the issue.

Either way vacuum leak.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
If it was a leak in your IC piping, it wouldn't make you idle up like that - it would just run poorly do to the air being un-metered.

What exactly did you do to your IAc valve? IDK how the factory ecu would react, on my Ms setup i have mine unplugged and it idles at about 1k (most of the time haha). We also have a idle control valve that changes with engine temp directly, like a T-stat almost. So if the engine is cold it will still idle up even with the electronic IAC unplugged.

Once the car is warm unplug it, and if the idle stops jumping around, you know what the problem is.

what exactly did you do to it anyway?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts