Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Shpongle Monkey said:
sorry can u move this to the ebay thread, didnt even see that
That thread is for, "Oh, that's cool. I want to show every one else." You want to know if this product will work for you.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
for one it says Remember these are HYPEREUTECTIC and not regular cast pistons. To me that is one deturent. two they only cost 60 bux.....kinda low dont ya think. And inorder for these to work you'll have to bore your block .030 over

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
vrouv06 said:
for one it says Remember these are HYPEREUTECTIC and not regular cast pistons. To me that is one deturent. two they only cost 60 bux.....kinda low dont ya think. And inorder for these to work you'll have to bore your block .030 over

The stock piston is HYpereutectic so whats the problem.I bought one of this pistion about 5 month ago on ebay and its currently in my block.They seems to be in great shape when they arrived at my door and when i measures them.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
So these are 7.8:1 compression pistons with the same strength treatening (Hypereutectic) as the stock GT pistons. So I guess these are good for a rebuild?... I don't see it as an upgrade at all unless you need a rebuild and need to go 30 over.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Fastest95PGT said:
So these are 7.8:1 compression pistons with the same strength treatening (Hypereutectic) as the stock GT pistons. So I guess these are good for a rebuild?... I don't see it as an upgrade at all unless you need a rebuild and need to go 30 over.
Good Call.
I wouldnt mind a set for my rebuild.

·
Registered
447 Posts
fastest: stock compression is 7.8:1

and yes, if you want to use those pistons, you'll need to have the block bored .030 over for everything to jive together. you may also need oversize rings as well, but im not positive.

·
Registered
8,579 Posts
There is likely nothing wrong with your pistons if they engine is just running rough. A mild hone and new piston rings would likely solve your issues without having to pull the engine and have it taken to a shop for an overbore where they may or may not drop the block and crack it internally so you'll find out later after its reassembled that coolant is filling the combustion chambers but you swear you torqued down the headgasket correctly and you wonder what oh what could the problem be?

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
RickPerryGT said:
fastest: stock compression is 7.8:1
Really? I know.
and yes, if you want to use those pistons, you'll need to have the block bored .030 over for everything to jive together. you may also need oversize rings as well, but im not positive.
My point was that these are no better than stock pistons. So unless you have a NEED to bore it .030 over, then there is no need to buy these.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
dont' forget the head as well when you overbore the block :smokin:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Whenyou bore an engine over, You increase displacement, and at the same time increase the compression ratio a smidge. Good luck if they are sealed power. My friend rebuilt his engine with those last year, and 3 out of 4 pistons cracked their ring lands between the two compression rings.

Reactions: Shpongle Monkey

·
Registered
8,579 Posts
T3 626 said:
Good luck if they are sealed power. My friend rebuilt his engine with those last year, and 3 out of 4 pistons cracked their ring lands between the two compression rings.
Another reason I say just re-ring what you got and dont change a thing.

·
Registered
959 Posts
T3 626 said:
Whenyou bore an engine over, You increase displacement, and at the same time increase the compression ratio a smidge. Good luck if they are sealed power. My friend rebuilt his engine with those last year, and 3 out of 4 pistons cracked their ring lands between the two compression rings.
actually the increase in compression from an overbore is more of a gain than the increase in displacement which is very small. the exception to this is if you're doing a massive overbore ( more than .030 by quite a bit ) and preferably if you have several more cylinders.:freak:

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
They're not weaker? That's news to me. I thought they were basically the same as my 2g pistons... which aren't necessarily "weak" but surely not as strong as the 1g turbo pistons.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts