Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, not that kind of rubber. I need new tires for my 1991 MX6 GT. I have the stock rims so I will be going with 205/60/15s. Of you guys out there with this size tire, which ones do you recommend.

Thanks. I am thinking maybe BFG Comp T/A or maybe BS RE930, or any other you guys suggest.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have Michelins Pilot XGT-H4 and they are great. Nice ride and handling. Plus I have them with my stock rims also and I got all four with 215/60/15, works fine, with no rubbing!!

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
I use Bridgestone Potenza RE930's, sized 205-60-15. These are probably the best H rated tire out there. Read the review/comparison test, they kicked the shit out of all the other tires. Brigestone actually came out with a newer version called the RE950, which is supposed to be better.

Lets just say, with the RE930's, I was able to pull .85g's in a skidpad test using my G-tech pro.

·
Registered
35 Posts
hey anarchx

I heard those tires are pretty good. When I get done with my suspension I will let you know what I pull. Cant wait until I get the eibach/tokico set on. Woo hoo!! But in the meantime if you go to http://www.tirerack.com you can compare the michelins to bridgestone. Laterz

·
Registered
379 Posts
This is a bit OT, but you can purchase Michelin MXV4 ZP run-flats in 205/65R15; I believe they're H-rated. Of course, you'd also have to spring for the tire pressure monitor ssytem required for all EM tires.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe the MXV is not a M+S tire. I am definately looking for true all-season tire.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Michelin MXV's suck balls. Definitely not a sport tire.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If they suck balls, I guess I would not want them. Ha ha.

·
Registered
45 Posts
As one of the DXers here, I'm unfortunately stuck with the 14" steel rims (not for much longer!) but uh..Last fall, I put a set of four Pirelli HP size 195-65 14s on there, and I have yet to find fault with them. They're excellent in the rain and snow (yes, an H-rate that's good in the snow) and dry performance isn't shabby. One problem, these were distributed only through Sears and NTB, and they've been discontinued. (I had to drive 60 miles on a donut to find a replacement, but thats another story!) I'm sure whatever the H-rated Pirelli they're carrying now is very similar, and the 15" size should hold well for you too..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts