Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after much searching around, I found these locally for $2800. Not a bad deal, the rims cost $3600 new, plus tires, about a $5k package. He was selling his 330CI so I bought the rims off of him. The front ones a bit off, in the offset, over harsh bumps there is a bit of light rubbing, but its not a big deal at all... I can't complain all things considered. Hoping to buy new rims, but our dollar is $.80 to you yankee's, so buying new rims out of the states was out of the question, since I dont enjoy being the 90pound weaking at a jailhouse shower. :p

I love the lip though, its huge!!!

·
Josh Bannings = 1
3,178 Posts
The rims look great, but unfortunately I think the color conflicts with the top. My guess is that it'll look sexy as hell with the top down.

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
^ Yeah anthracite wasn't my color choice exactly. Its too close the the "black w/chrome lip" trend which is seriously overplayed. I wouldn't mind hypersilver, but meh... whatever.

The rims are filthy. BMW OEM brake pads throw off wicked amounts of brake dust, hense all the caked on dust that shows if you look closely. Just trying to find a good cleaner thats safe on machined lips, that'll do the job.

Those are nice wheels for sure mang. Good offset......Baller status. I spy rust :)
Its just the rotors, believe or not they're Brembro, which really isn't cool in my books, the OEM ones dont do that. :(

·
Banned
2,866 Posts
you sir, need much fatter wheels. Or a drop. That aside, very good buy indeed.

BTW, dont change the color of the wheel, change the color of the top :p

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^ Thats what I'm going to do for the rears, when they wear out, I'll sport 35's for the back, rather then the 30's that are on there now. I can't lower the car, its too low already, and makes raised driveways (including into parking lots) a gong show, as I have to take them at an angle, otherwise the front end scrapes like crazy. If I lived anywhere else, sure, but the roads here are a train wreck in comparison to the states. You guys dont know how good you have it, honestly. Sure makes riding around on these little elastic band tires, unbearable. :freak:

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
The rims are filthy. BMW OEM brake pads throw off wicked amounts of brake dust, hense all the caked on dust that shows if you look closely. Just trying to find a good cleaner thats safe on machined lips, that'll do the job.
pretty much anything thats clear coat safe.
Brake dust is actually doing more damage on them, then a harsh cleaner.
(the lips will be clear coated too BTW)

Looks good though!

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^Thanks, just had them redone today. They look sweet now, they just glow in the sun. These pics dont do the car or the wheels justice at all.

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ha, ha!:lol: My niece has one of these, same color!:p Nice, deep rims though!
Congrats, your niece is the very first girl I've ever heard of with a Z4. I've only seen two girls sport a Z3. I always get a little confused when people call this a chick car, when I've yet to actually a see a single girl (or women) drive one.... ever.

take some more pics i want to see some better pics
Sure, I'll update this post when I can. I've taken some, but the lighting is shit. :tdown:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts