Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought 2nd gen Dropzone springs off ebay for $89.

I only installed the front ones because I wanted to compair them to the Intrax. 1st off LOOK AT THAT WHEEL GAP!!!!! The ride is great though so I dont really care too much. Plus they still have to settle and Im also planning on getting 2nd gen Tokico struts. The struts will drop it anywhere from .5-1in.

Ive been testing the car on the worst roads I know, so far so good. I drove into my driveway at 15mph yesterday......besides the tire noise no bottoming out. I drove through an appt. complex with speedbumps at about 5-10mph. No problems besides the rears bottomed out a lot (still Intrax) It does seem to ride a bit "floaty" but that might be the fact that my struts are pretty dead. Not to mention that the rears arent ment to work with the DZ springs

Anyway heres the pics
In this pic you cant tell much, although my car was ALOT lower. This one actually looks good besides the pic quality.

Im thinking of getting 45 series tires also??

Pass side front DZ springs. It sits slightly higher than the driverside but its because the strut is dead.

Rear (Intrax)

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
God.......... do i like the rimzzzzzzzzzzzz. totally wicked..:E

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hehe, thanks

I put in the rears today and OMG is it ridin high. It feels like a 4X4, it drives so much more different too. I still have to get it aligned.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
mx6GT91 said:
hehe, thanks

I put in the rears today and OMG is it ridin high. It feels like a 4X4, it drives so much more different too. I still have to get it aligned.

HA HA.....

do I see new rims are back on ? it looks 10x better.
what are you doing mixing dropzone springs with Intrax ?

....Iggy

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do I see new rims are back on ? it looks 10x better.
Ya rims are back on. I couldnt stand the slowness of the stockers.

I still need tires but those are soon.

what are you doing mixing dropzone springs with Intrax ?
I put in the DZ yesterday and I wanted to test the difference. I guess I drove too long cause when I got home it was getting dark. So I did them today.

Ill take more pics 2morrow, be prepared for wheel gap!!!

I now know that Intrax are sh!t. When I took them out the DZ where so much more stiffer than the Intrax. I dont know what it is with Intrax but there springs are actually softer them the stock springs.
My steering is really sensitive now too, I guess that would have something to do with my alignment?? My front tires do look like the top is slightly outward (+ camber??)

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright there done

Heres the pics

Looks the same dont it. hehe

·
Registered
934 Posts
Hold on for one second! :)

You installed the 2nd gen DZ springs onto 1st Gen struts? How much drop did you gain? From the pic it looks like 2 inches?

Thanks - Rich.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well with the Intrax the front was dropped 3in and the rear was 2-2.5in (yes low as hell!!!)

It looks like as if it was raised up about 1-1.5in in the front and the rear is about the same maybe about .25in raised up.
So it seems like the DZ springs droped it about 1.8-2in up front and maybe 1-1.8 in the rear. Almost what it calls for the 2nd gens.

I still want to get the 2nd gen Tokicos to bring the front slightly lower than the front. Right now it sits just about even

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
Nothing wrong with a little wheel gap. Suspension travel is much more important than that "slammed" look, in my opinion. That's why i've chosen to keep the stock springs with the 17's.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nothing wrong with a little wheel gap. Suspension travel is much more important than that "slammed" look, in my opinion. That's why i've chosen to keep the stock springs with the 17's.
Thats what I thought. I loved the look with my Intrax but the ride wasnt that great. Im sure with different struts it would have been better. I already learned to like the wheel gap, I still want the front lower though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts