Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys help me out here...My car is low enough with Shogun kit until I get my 18's...My question is since I'm about to ship my car back to the states and am worried about the hight for shipping...I am about to get the illuminas so I can adjusted them to the highest setting for shipping...My question is...#1 should I get Springs now I see the Eibach and Intrax drop the car I dont want that hehe...#2 can I get away with the Illuminas for now and change the springs once back to the states? Also setting the Illuminas at the highest setting for shipping will this hurt anything being up so high for a month or 2 without going down again???
Soryr for such a long post but am worried abit...Thanx...Please respond quick if possible as I'm trying to ship my car soon...

·
Registered
488 Posts
Changing the struts won't change the hieght Guido. The adjustability is for the valving, ie: how stiff the struts are and how quickly they rebound back after a bump. if you want to make the car higher you would need to get Ground Control springs so that you have an adjustable spring perch. Probably be best to just ship it the way it is and make sure it is solidly tied down before shipping. If you are shipping it through a private company then make sure you have it insured and take before pictures so that there can be no question of the condition before hand. If you are going through the military then I don't know what you have to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts