Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

New stuff...

1K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  JPMX6GT 
#1 ·
#5 ·
mx6-Xtreme said:
hey, how much did you pay for those pillar pods and guages. and where did you get them. it's look good.
The pillar pods I got off the bulk buy a few months back. It's over now but you can still go to www.gaugepods.com and order it from there. Should be like $40 + shipping or something. Gauges are Autometer gauges.

DutchMX6 said:
Which brand or your seats? They really look very nice.
The seats are Corbeau Forzas. I love these seats man. Since I have my suspension settup pretty stiff, every time I used to take exit turns off highways at high speeds, the car was able to take the turn with no problems, but my body would fly around to the left and right because there was nothing holdimg me down even with the seatbelt on. With these seats I pretty much stay planted in there through the turns, it's awesome!

#11 ·
Just wondering did the replacement gauge pillar pod snap into the pilliar, or did you have to drill holes to screw it in? Thanks.
The pillar pods are not snap ons like the stock ones. U have to screw the 2 screws on pod into the pillar. Jorge, did the screws fit snuggly. I don't want to put on mine yet since i haven't decided on what guages yet. Also what guages did u use(not brand, i mean boost,etc.)?

#12 ·
Chunchoy14 said:

The pillar pods are not snap ons like the stock ones. U have to screw the 2 screws on pod into the pillar. Jorge, did the screws fit snuggly. I don't want to put on mine yet since i haven't decided on what guages yet. Also what guages did u use(not brand, i mean boost,etc.)?
Thanks Chunchoy14! But does anyone know if you have to do any actual DRILLING?

#13 ·
Chunchoy14 said:

Lightrida said:

Thanks Chunchoy14! But does anyone know if you have to do any actual DRILLING?
The only drilling that needs to be done is the drilling of 2 holes into the metal portion of the pillar. Let me explain. The pillar pod comes pre-drilled with 2 screws. Once you remove the stock pillar cover, you'll expose the metal portion of the pillar, the actual inside body of the car. There you have to pre-drill 2 holes in order for the screws that came with the pillar pod can go in smoothely. That is it. That is all th edrilling that needs to be done. The pillar itself fits perfectly in place and looks stock. I'm loving it.

#15 ·
Chunchoy14 said:
Why water temp?
Why not? I always hated how the water temp needle in the stock cluster always just went up to the middle and never moved at all. This way, I can see what the engine temp is like at different time.

Everyone has different thoughts on gauges so you can pretty much get whatever you want. Some people get a vac/boost gauge even though they dont have forced induction. Why??? for the hell of it. THere are so many to choose from, I wanted to monitor the engine and the volts since I have a lot of high wattage bulbs and sound system.

#19 ·
I was wondering when we were going to see some pic of the pods that we ordered, I should have known it was going to be you. Did you use electrical or mechanical guages and how much was the installation? Good work, looks great. I am thinking about getting some different seats, but I was wondering if you can still access the back seat with those type of seats, the ones that don't fold forward? Any ways, WOW!

#20 ·
sixer said:
I was wondering when we were going to see some pic of the pods that we ordered, I should have known it was going to be you. Did you use electrical or mechanical guages and how much was the installation? Good work, looks great. I am thinking about getting some different seats, but I was wondering if you can still access the back seat with those type of seats, the ones that don't fold forward? Any ways, WOW!
Good questions...

All of the gauges were electrical. The only gauge that had some sort of mechanical aspect was the water temp gauge. I had to remove the stock temperature sending unit and use the one provided, then run a wire from that module into the gauge itself. In all the entire install of the 3 gauges and pods cost me $0.00. Actually, the only things that I DON'T do to my car myself is the STEREO WIRING and the ALARM WIRING, everything else, it's all me.

As far as the seats, though the brakets DO allow them to move forward and back, noone will be sitting on the rear seats unless you're about 6" thick. Actually, I've maybe used the rear seats about 2 times in the 3 years that I've had the car so I don't mind. I actually planned a while back that I was going to REMOVE the rear seats and make an enclosure similar to the one that Dustin Whorles has in his car. Then just upholster that with black vinyl for that smoothe look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.