Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok after driving in my car with me my sister wanted a system in hers:D ...

I've ordered almost everything and need some final advice... I ordered CDT cl-61a components for th front stage from thezeb.com for 150. Amp powering it is a us acoustics usx2100 giving it 100x2 rms for 100 bucks,,,

I got a planet audio P1502 off ebay for about 130 that does 150x2 or 440x1 @4ohms... I need a little advice on a sub to match it up with for around 150 preferably.

The hu is my old aiwa x227 with rear preamp outputs so I'll pick up 2 y splitters and send it to the amp, 4 gauge wiring kit from walmart and I ordered a 4-8 gauge fused distribution block off ebay.

This is in a 99 civic coupe. Let me know what you guys think and also, more importantly gimme some advice on a decent subwoofer for 150ish,,, this is the best I've found so far but will it be able to handle the power?
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&PartNumber=297-656&DID=7
Also I'll need a dual 2 ohm sub right? Overall goal is sq with a touch of spl

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Seas lotus 12, svc 4ohm sub. Should work nicely,,, 160 shipped, all i need is a box and 4ga kit

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
I woulda handled the amplification differently, but overall that should make for a very nice little system!

Maybe spend a few extra bucks on a 2-way outboard crossover. Then you won't need Y cables, your gains can be set lower, and you'll get better signal balancing than with those amps cheap-o internal crossover circuits. ;)

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would get a processor but I'm trying to keep everything simple... my sister wouldnt notice the difference anyways. Plus I already picked up the y splitters,,, to top that off she is plannin on purchasing a better deck anyway.:D

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Actually I just noticed that both amps have preamp outputs... thing is I already bought 17' rca's and Y splitters. Would it be a better idea to run one rca to one amp and then maybe a 3' rca to the other.. or from the deck split the signal and run each rca to each amp, I'm thinking the second option considering there may be a deck upgrade in the future and woud save a lot of time by not re-running rca's again.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
ptirmal said:
Actually I just noticed that both amps have preamp outputs... thing is I already bought 17' rca's and 7 splitters. Would it be a better idea to run one rca to one amp and then maybe a 3' rca to the other.. or from the deck split the signal and run each rca to each amp, I'm thinking the second option considering there may be a deck upgrade in the future and woud save a lot of time by not re-running rca's again.
answered your own question,,, if you plan on upgrading then for sure add a second run of rca's...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts