Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

new tires. new vibration.

727 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  drsjr1980 
#1 ·
Hi,

I had old tires which i decided to replace before show and rain season starts. I got
KUMHO tires, they are cheap but reviews on tirerack.com where good. I got 195/60/15 ( i have 15" wheels)

I installed them at WalMart, they balanced them.

Before i never had any vibration, but now after 55mph i get vibration, after 65 it is
a little bit scary. Car starts shaking, not just the stearing wheel. When i look at steering wheel it seems like
it moves from side to side.

I know i have wheelbearing problem, but it never shaked the car with old tires.

Another thing is when i accelerate to 65-70 the car shakes very bad but after I
stabilize on one speed it is not bad, sometimes it is even ok.

Sometimes it vibrates after i let go the acceleration pedal.

I know it is not brake rotors, because there is no vibration when i brake.

Thanks for any help.

See less See more
#4 ·
I give the Wal-mart service center a big thumbs down on everything they do. I don't recommend having them do anything. They messed up my sisters oil change, as hard as it would be to mess up an oil change, they did. They didn't balance my moms tires so they, like yours, were very noisy going down the road. They are (let me be nice) less than intelligent.

#5 ·
Look for weights on your rims, if there are none then they suck if there are two weights on one side they counterbalanced and that is bad since it will evetually cause cupping of the tires. Wheel bearings aren't hard to replace might wanna do that soon, also look for defects such as a bulge or anything that seems abnormal, you might wanna get your rims roadforced to check the runout and see if you have a bent rim.

#6 ·
boho said:
Hi, I got
KUMHO tires, they are cheap but;

I installed them at WalMart, they balanced them.

Before i never had any vibration, but now after 55mph i get vibration, after 65 it is a little bit scary. Car starts shaking, not just the stearing wheel.
Hey Boho........
Take it back to Walmart, where customer satisfaction is their #1 goal, and express your "dissatisfaction". Give them a chance to make it right, as usually those guys are under the gun for getting out alot of work in miniminal time. They probably got in a hurry and didn't recheck their work, who knows maybe the tires were not even balanced ?
But once you complain, I'll bet that the job will be done to the best of their skill. Then if you've still got a problem, it's either the tires or a mechanical issue with the suspension.

#7 ·
Hi,

I went to walmart and let them to fix it. The guy told me two wheels were out of balance. I think the first time i went they did not do good job.

Now everything seems fine.

Thanks for help.

#8 ·
Consider yourself luck it was just your wheels and they could fix it. That place (for the most part) is filled with high school dropouts that are not very good at anything. I've heard nothing but problems when anyone I know has had anything done there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.