Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to replace the tires on my 97 MX-6. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm looking for a high performance all season that will last and doesn't make that much noise. Where is the best place to go?
See you on the streets!

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
Hey Colin and welcome to the board!

High performance all seasons that I heard are good are toyo FZ4 and Nitto 450's. I'm personally getting Toyo T1S summer performance tires cause I want better grip and I hear they are incredible. Plus, I already have dedicated winter tires. The Nitto's I've been told are a little difficult to source to Canada, but the toyo's aren't a problem. If anyone has any other comments please post them.

bj

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome. Are the Toyo and Nitto tires expensive? I'm trying to keep under $200 a tire. What about garages/dealers/suppliers in the TO area, any of them known for good tire prices?

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
Actually the nitto's would be hard to source and probably be expensive. As for the toyo's, the FZ4 from Mazda dealers are 120$/tire, the ultra high performance is 185$/tire. I can't really help you for dealers in TO area as I'm from Montreal. Maybe someone from around there can help you out...take care!

bj

·
Registered
446 Posts
Why are Nittos harder to source to Canada than Toyo? They are operated by the same company...
Nittos are very good tires (probably as good as Toyo) but tend to be less expensive.

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
I was told because they have no canadian distributor and would have to be ordered from the states. Maybe the place gave me the run around because they just didnt wanna order them I dunno...but I'm going with Toyo T1S's anyways so for me it doesn't matter. It'd be nice to know if they can get them here though, we should look into it.

bj

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Under 200$ for 15" you can get a lot of choice, I don't know much about nitto but the FZ4 are not to bad for 4season tire, I have pay 180$ for Dunlop sp8000 on 17"mag they are good but only summer tire.
Hey bj_swift what are you going to pay for those they sure are exellent but seem pricey...

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
That's the price from Mazda, Trac Racing told my buddy about 165$/tire for the Toyo T1S's. I'm gonna go talk to them about rims, tires my new spoiler and my supra tails tomorrow if I have the chance. Meet up with me if ya want to or something. Oh and they screwed up the paint where they blended with the door. I hadn't checked there the other night and forgot that they were even blending there, so I'm gonna have to have it fixed on Monday. But at least I have the car for the weekend and it doesn't have the huge dent(s) in it anymore!!! laters...

bj

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
At 165$ it must be for 15" since 225/50/16 are about 250$. I always buy from TRAC since they usually cut me very good price, but now I think they are off the line w/ my suspension after what I saw on the performance board. Tell me when youre planning to go and I may try to past at the same time.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
hello...

I have the Toyo's and they are great. I bought the car with goodyear and they sucked, my toyo's have lasted 2X as long and counting.

Claeren.
Calgary

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Try the Yokohama Avid V4's... great wet and dry handling... surprisingly good in the Toronto winter mess too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts