Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a few parts powdercoated at www.trgcoating.com (he's done MANY parts on my 300zx TT engine for me) for the MX6 because I was replacing the valve cover gasket, 60k service (tbelt, water pump, idler and tensioner pullies, tstat, etc.), and cap/rotor/plugs/wires/fuelfilt/pcv/airfilt, etc..etc.. I figured after an afternoon of work and $200 or so in parts, it deserved a little special treatment.

It was a probe valve cover, and wasn't sure if I wanted to use FORD or MAZDA on the valve cover, so I had him do both.

Almost put back together... Not bad for 220k+ miles on the original engine/trans, eh? It was cleaner than I remember it being 55k ago when I changed the T belt in Feb of 04.

Reactions: KiNg MaRtY

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tyler886 said:
Sharp looking, the IM up next?

-Tyler

If I have a reason to have it off, perhaps.

·
Registered
128 Posts
damn thats hot

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I made a key FOB out of the ford logo for my spare key. :)

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
defiantly looks hott.. thats a pretty nice engine bay for the mileage!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1990/\/\x6 said:
defiantly looks hott.. thats a pretty nice engine bay for the mileage!

Thanks. I'm a detail nut, so I try not to let it get dirty, but it's far from perfect. I put anywhere from 25k to 40k miles on it per year, so I usually clean it when I change the oil/filter, etc..

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
loooks great mate ! id love to do something like with my car some day but in the same colour as the car :)

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Wow, very nice job. Definately leave the Mazda emblem on

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know they like to snowball, but I have another project that robs all my $$$ anyway (see sig).

The color is called "wrinkle red" at www.trgcoating.com It was like $45 for the valve cover to be done and he sands the text for free.

Here's a pict of my 300zx TT's engine about 8 months ago. The plenum is "wrinkle black" and the 4 valve covers are "wrinkle red". After the chrome and powdercoating, the rice stops there. :) Everything else is performance oriented on that car.

·
Registered
639 Posts
hey man what u got done to that 300zx to make it run 10's thats sick

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
what's that VG pushing? 500whp? i've only seen one other 300zxtt close to as fast..and it's an mid 11 sec car.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
HotAss6GT said:
what's that VG pushing? 500whp? i've only seen one other 300zxtt close to as fast..and it's an mid 11 sec car.

731hp/654tq @ 19psi on Twin HKS GT2825RS (disco potato) with supporting mods. It's a MONEY pit.

Here's a few more picts.

To keep it MX6 related, heres the MX6 too..

The SMIC's on my Z have the stock ones put back on because my larger ones are out getting new garrett cores instead of the bell cores. They are two 12x8x4" garrett core IC's..

·
Registered
639 Posts
thats sweet man got i want power like that. my next car is gonna be a LS1 trans am with the rear turbo kit most likely.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts