Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inherited a nice little 56 Ford F100 from my grandpa. It was supposed to be our project but now its my very emotional project. Many years form compleation but anyway onto the pics.

Its going to have a mildly built (maybe s/c) 355ci chevy small block in it.

Anyway, some progres on the mx-6.
Solid bottom mount, welds suck but should hold.

No A/C or Cruise control (still messy though).

What i want to look at for the rest ofmy life (geology major)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for saying my welds suck. Could you do better? It was not easy with the rubber burning and all that smoke and flames in my face. I left the rubber in place to keep proper spacing. I will install it this week and you can see how it works when you come home on spring break. Since you keep breaking this one, I hope it will hold. If you get the new poly front motor mount, you may want to sent it to me. Will also try to have the keyless entry done. Then on to the truck. Remember dad is on MX6.com also.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hahahaha I was just getting it out of the way before the welding pros (king6 being one) came on and said something about it. And no, my welds would have put a hole in something and been all uneven. :E

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
... and next time, on AS THE WOORRLLLD TUURRRNNSSSS!!

bwahahaha.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If it works well we can make more for others $$. You may have to put it on yourself when you get home. I was told I should be working on my honey do list which does not include your car or truck. I still have the one bolt on the cross member to fix also. Spring break will be here soon.

·
Registered
324 Posts
that is a very nice project truck i am jealous. Have fun with it i am kinda bias to the 57 (well55-57) chevy trucks but those fords are not bad at all. Good luck

·
Registered
249 Posts
sweet project ..but putting a chevy engine in a ford truck,or car is not right at all . i`d put a 302 ,351 ,or 427 in it .

·
Registered
16 Posts
The truck already came set up for the small block chevy, and already has a complete still in boxes 355 chevy motor and a 700r4 transmission.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
DONT ruin a '56 with a Chevy engine, please! I think a SBC has been swapped sucessfully into 99% of cars/trucks/atvs/lawnmowers with 4 wheels! Be original and throw something crazy in (4BT Cummins, etc.) or just drop in a nice flathead, SB or BB Ford!

-Tyler

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The mounts are already made. Have a brand new motor and a good trans to go with it. Not wasting money to be different, plus thats not the objective of this truck. It will be a show car with the ocasional cruise/parade. Heck its going to have A/C, my 6 doesn't even have that. Also, SBC is a proven relieable platform, why throw a new one away. Resto-mod with a simple motor that would still kill the majority of kl's in the world. As for the 6, we will be doing small things to make it more relieable and enjoyable to drive but nothing major as it is my DD.

PS: Sorry if i sound crabby about the motor but i just finished an english paper and those put me in bad moods.

·
Registered
16 Posts
New motor mount is in and it feels good through the shifter on the road. A decrease in shifter play. Next work on front and back motor mounts. Poly or solid? What to do????

·
Registered
730 Posts
What i want to look at for the rest ofmy life (geology major)

Mm... soft rocks....

Mind you you'll only get to look at the outcrops for a short while then spend the next 5 years looking at thin sections down the petrographic microscope identifying the mineralogy... ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts