Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YES I did review many threads from a search.
This scenario might have been touched on, but not exactly.
My pass. window would go down, not up. I opened both doors up and tested connections at switches and going directly to the motor. Everything seems fine. Finding no problems, I closed the doors back up and put it away for the night. The next day my wife drove the car and tried the window from the driver's switch with no results. She then opened and closed the passenger door because it was ajar, and tried the pass. switch and VOILA! Up she went, and I have not tried it since because frost is upon us where I live.
Given the previous situations, what would appear to be the most likely culprit? I was going to try power directly to the pass. window motor but now am afraid I'll get it down and wont be able to get it back up. Any educated guesses would be truly appreciated. I am not the most electronically adept but can figure out continuity OK. My unpowered test light works well. Light goes on and off when pressing both switches, but did not get much with the lock out switch engaged...:cry:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Might want to check out the wiring harness to and from the motor. Maybe it's chafed or somehow damaged? That would certainly cause intermittent operation. Also check the contacts in any connectors - they can get very corroded in water, and may look fine from the outside, but pulling them apart can reveal lots of green corrosion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts