Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just on the thinking pot "toilet" (where most great ideas come from!) and i was thinking about my windows. Do you guys know those prescription glasses that tint in the light and get clearer in the dark? what if that was on your windows, it wouldnt be so hard to see out of at night and also gives a different look everytime! does anyone know if thats a tint on the glasses or just the glass itself? I think this would be awesome on a car.

·
Registered
179 Posts
thats funny because that usuall were all my ideas come from, sometimes they are good and sometimes they stink. but anyways...i think some cars have that,not sure, but i don't think that it gets really dark. my mom has those kinda glasses and they don't get very dark and they are kinda brow or auborn color.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I actually had that same idea a while back. it turns out to be that the glass itself is what tints and untints. It's not a film like regular tint. It's the glass itself. I bet it could be done..... Just get ready to spend thousands of dollars for custom glass windows and windshields. That would be cool to see though. It's clear in th egarage, then when you get out into the sun.. the windows tint automatically... something like KIT the wonder car had.. LOL

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
I actually saw a concept car that had an electronically controlled variable tint. You could turn a knob to darken the windows and when you turned off the car the windows went completely black.
I asked the guy there what that cost, he told me that the windows were about $500 MORE per square foot than a normal window...you do the math...

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
That , my friends, would be a HELL of a mod.

Immagine youre driving your car at night, your windows are clear. Then you park the car, get out of th ecar and activate the alarm. Your windows go up, sunroof closes and all the windows go black!...... that would be sooooo awesome. Sorta like the batmobile shield alarm.. LOL

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that would be awesome! now the only question is....who's rich and dont have anything else better to do? lol

·
Registered
830 Posts
it doesn't cost that much to add those options to your after market alarm. I have a Clifford alarm, and I added the window and sunroof close and open option and also auto start option, and it did not cost me too much....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts