Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi to all,

first things first, my name is Anton and i have 626 '89 hatch non turbo, im sorry i had to invade MX6 site but there is no dicent 626 sites, sorry again. anyway mechanicaly they very similar anyway. my problem is this.....when at stand stil in drive, say trafic lights, car does not keeps idle, it goes way down as 500RPM sometimes and nose in a car is unbearble(low freq bassy sond-not from the engine though), but as soon as its in Natural or Park every thing is fine. sent it to mechanic bastard gave me AU$600 bill but the car still does it.
what could it be?
any help will be appreciated.

BTW did any one had cold air induction/ramair system put in, no matter home made or comercial? im designing mine so i would like to hear from people who were though it already.

alot to ask for the first time, i know, but thanx anyway

·
Registered
287 Posts
Well what did he fix?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing it seems
what he did is change oil, changed couple of gaskets and wrote on the paper "second and third gear slips" i knew that without wasting 600 bucks, but oh well what can you do.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'd take the guy to court is what I would do man. Have you done any of the other tune-up basics like change spark plugs, spark plug wires, fuel filter, air filter, etc. ?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes, but the car has no other problems it starts beuterfully, it accelarates allright (exept 2-3 change). its strange, on traffic lights im forced no chack it in natural and when the lights are green in to drive which usually results in wheel spin, its the most annying thing about that car.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Hey dude, there's nothing wrong with reprazentin your 626 here! I do it too! :) Mine's a 626 hatch turbo. Anyway, it sounds like your intake tube is cracked. Check the big rubber hose going between the airflow meter and the throttle body, squeeze it a bit and try to look for a crack. I bet you'll find one. If that's not it. Your IAC valve is clogged (another common problem). A good cleaning will take care of it.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hay thanx, i havent really tought of that, man, and all this time i thought it had to do with the tranny. Dude i owe you one

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
while im on question spree :)

does anyone experinces sliding on the corners? i mean mine slides out (front wheels), just a tiny slide, tires go crazy with noize though. i experince it even with 100`-120` corners @40-45 km/h (about 25-30 mi/h, right? :))

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
here is another problem to solve

i get some front noise(not loud but felt trough the floor pan) at any speed(generaly average-higher) while turning a wheel just a notch but as soon as you get full turning happening it stops. went to Dealer they could not find anything wrong. what it could be? i mean its serious sence the car is front wheel drive and if somthing breaks im deep $#)@.

thanx anyway

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
626s are welcome here. What kind of noise from the front when turning? A rumbling, or what. I'm not sure what you mean about tire sliding or whatever, maybe you ought to take a good look at your tires.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
about slidin:
tyres are new and suspention is OK too. on the corners it simms to slide with the corner (not much 2cm at the most). but it dont matter much as i thing its just low grade tyres that causing that, because in the wet i feel like rally drever from spining weels and sliding :)

About the noise:
its strange......my mother had it four a couple of days and the noise became louder and present almost all the time. its a hard knocking noise from my left wheel it doesnt seeem to be affected with speed though....strangest thing.

·
Registered
35 Posts
if your tires are brand new, they will slide around for a few hundred kilometres until they have 'broken in'. at least thats what i notice (and feel) every time i've gotten new boots.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
A knocking or clickety click type of noise coming from a front wheel is 98% of the time a CV joint. Usually though, they only make the noise when turning and acceleration. They might about to break. Try turning right or left as you are accelarating (I don't mean punch and turn, just gently accelerate and turn) in a parking lot or something. If the clicking/knocking gets worse, or louder, that is a CV joint. If it is the CV joint, get both sides replaced at the same time.

G

·
my 88lx makes the worst good awful sound,sometimes when i turn. actually only when i give it gas as i'm turning. i figured cv joint but it turned out to be my struts. the guy at the shop turned my whell and the spring turned also..????
hopefully it wont do the same with my new stuts and springs.

G

·
about that noise vibration thing, my wifes 626 (auto)
does the same thing...we dont plan on keeping it very long so i just turned up the idle, it helped alittle. my lx does somthing strange too though. at lights or a stopsign when i stop the rpms drop but come right back up. ive asked around but eveyone says if it doesn't stall don't worry about it but thats not the answere i'm looking for.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update>>>>
front end noise was just loose hub nut, idiots who put it on before didnt do it right and then used a chisle to tighten it :mad:. anyway wasn't to expencive to fix AU$50(US$24) but man im so luky the bearings are fine.

yks357 i have the same problem as your LX and i got the same answer as you did and i feel the same way about it :(.

[Edited by Blind Freddie on 03-23-2001 at 07:45 PM]

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bloddy rambling

Ok Figured out the front end noise, figured out whats wrong with rear, got mods ideas but the flaming thing still rumbles in D!!!!!!!!!
Spent over 4 hours under, over and around the engine could not figure whats wrong :(.
how does evrybodys car starts? mine when starts it jumps to 2000RPM and then with in about 10 sec drops 900RPM idleing, but thats not the end.......it can not keep ideling uniform it always drops and rises drops and rises. and engine just works really 'bassy' feels as if its choking but its not. and in drive RPM drops to 700. if its in drive and you turn A/C on it drops to 300(dosnt stall though), perculiar thing is that in park if you twist the wheel RPMs drop while if you do it in drive nothing of similar sort.
what could it be people, im desparate no.........really desparate XO XO XO

·
Registered
711 Posts
Clean your IAC. The rpms drop due to the load of the P/S. Normal as long as it comes back up when you let up on the wheel. Also, check your tps. It may not be working correctly. Maybe a dead spot in it. Good luck. I cleaned my IAC and it cleared up. But that was after about 3-4 days of playin' with it!

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
whats an IAC valve? and where is it? all i could find in the manusl is ISC valve and its attached to the trottle body. what is TPS? im not so hot on 'local' lingo yet.
thanx

·
Registered
711 Posts
IAC is the valve on the side of the throttle body. I guess it could be called the ISC also. The tps is the throttle position sensor, and is also on the side of the throttle body.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts