Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, and yes you do not know me!!!!!

anyway, I know nothing about cars and Im thinking of buying an used 93 or 95 mazda mx-6, V6, manual transmition, about 100,000 miles (could be more) and problably with 2 owners.

my questions
- are there any problems that I should pay attention to(you know engine, transmition, brakes, etc.)???
- also I want a car that the only thing I should worry about is the oil change and gas, is the mx-6 one of them???

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
128 Posts
You're a pretty bright guy! And you're right, I don't know you. First of all I hope that you can read better than you can write because when you purchase a vehicle there is a lot of reading and comprehending skills needed to find that right car for you. By the way, where'd you get the assumption that this an MX6 site??? Maybe it's me that's illiterate because I thought this site was supposed to be based upon the Hyundai Scoupe. Wowserz uncle, the Scoupe and the MX6 sure does look alike...

-Cheers

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow

that was not the answer that I was expecting but Im sure that making fun of peoples problems is your hobbie.
But anyway I do know that my english sucks but Im pretty happy with it, I mean im not american.

Can somebody please answer my question????

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sorry :)

I was just teasing you. If you were paying any attention to what I had typed, you would of remembered that I told you to do your homework and read. Okay fine, I must admit that I was a little bit on the sarcastic side so I will rephrase my words and advise you to read articles, web-forums (such as this one that we're both involved in) and don't do drugs...it might impair your ability to spell. Oops, again, i'm sorry. Teehee.

-Cheers

·
Registered
257 Posts
SRTAGHT UP ANSWER

BUYING AN MX-6 WILL BE ONE OF THE BEST THINGS YOU WILL EVER DO. I HAVE ALMOST NEVER REGRETTED IT. AN OCCAISIONAL CAR PROBLEM PLAGUES US ALL. BUT THE MX IS CONSIDERABLY RELIABLE. AND A WET DREAM TO DRIVE. I DONT EVEN USE MY RADIO SOMETIMES. JUST LISTEN TO THE DELIGHTFUL PURR.

....................GO FOR IT!!!.......................

·
Registered
61 Posts
the list

Emi, I'm in the same boat as you. Do a search on this board for the following topics and you should come out with a good deal of info:

Ignition system
Brake calipers
Valve covers / gaskets
Paint job
Leaky trunk

100,000 miles is a lot of miles, and the MX6 isn't immune to aging, but it's definitely a solid car if it's taken care of.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have to agree with BLUMX6, getting a mx6 will be the smartest thing you would ever due. an mx6 is a great, fun and reliable car, just watch out for the auot trannys they are weak if you cfan get a stick, first tging you do when you get that car is listen ti it purr

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.