Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasssup MX6 crew?! My name is Jeff, proud owner of a tricked out 95 Camry. Just want to send some love from the Camry crew at http://www.camryman.org and the Toronto Camry Club (www.tt-cc.com). My girlfriend has a 94 MX6 LS, V6 stick, and that's why I'm coming on this board with some maintainence issues on her behalf. I've really enjoyed driving her MX6 (especially in the past week because my car's in the shop getting a kit installed along with new coat of "spectra blue mica" paint - the same blue as on the IS300 - WHOA!). It's a great car to toss around and the power is great even in stock form, which is how my GF's car is.

I have two issues to seek your help on:
1. The car stalls from time to time when it comes to a stop at a red light. When it comes to a complete stop (in N), it just dies. We tried changing the O2 and other sensors, and a new ignition computer and coil was installed, but the problem remains. Before the ignition computer and coil was installed the car was dying while in motion!!!
2. In the winter, the car takes a long time to get heat to the passenger cabin. But when it does warm up, the needle on the temp gauge is slightly to the Hot side of middle. Now in the summer, it blows out warm-ish air that is hotter than the outside air when the temperature knob is all the way to the cold side without the AC on.

Thanks for your help!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Try disconnecting the elctrical connector on the airflow meter blowing it out or cleaning it and checking grounds. Also, I would recomend cleaning out the intake manifold(I just did, and it looks a lot better in there) and throughtly clean off any deposits. Also, check the plug wires, and distributor cap and rotor(this won't help the warming up troubles, but it might fix the stalling problems. I really wish that I would have cleaned everything out better, but I suggest(if you know much about working on cars) taking off the intake manifold and throttle body, comepletely stipping them down, and just clean the S**t out of them. and try to get as much crap out of the intake ports on the heads. Other then that, you might want to have to cooling system flushed, that would most likely take care of the over heating.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
or replacing the tstat... youre not getting a CEL are you?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Welcome to the board. Just wanted to say that I myself and I'm pretty sure everyone else appreciates your comments and goodwill towards our car, especially coming from someone who doesn't own one. Good luck with the car!

·
Registered
67 Posts
try holding the clutch down when your stopped. :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
The stalling caan be because of the distrbutor cause my gf has a 93 v6 stick also and her car used to stall and she got the distributor changed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i dont know if ATX or MTX are different as in stalling.....

but i have a 93 atx v6 and it used to stall......VACUM LINES!!!! CHECK THEM!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts