Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, I have had my mx6 for a while but recently decided to build it a little bit...... Right now it is all stock, I'm in the process of goin' manual, and putting an rx7 turbo on it.....I just rebuilt the head, and replaced the gasketsabout 100miles ago.....So here are my questions:

does anyone make a camshaft for our cars

Does anyone know where I can get a good cheap manual trans?

how much boost can stock motors push..... I am upgrading fuel pump, and installing S-AFC, going to get a chip as well

can anyone recomend a good chip?

with added boost, will i have to upgrade the wastegate, and manifold..... If so, who makes a good manifold

This is my first piston engine excursion, I am a rotary guy, so If anyone has any extra info to add feel free..... I was also gonna do the filter, and straight pipe as well...... thanx

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot to mention that I will also be installing a fmic to take care of the boost increase

·
Registered
707 Posts
bad news about the safc, it wont work with our cars, one of our members who is extremely knowledgable about our cars and electronics tried to help us out on this bur no matter how much more stuff he had to add to his kit, the safc just never worked out. sorry to burst your bubble on that though.

tom

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
16 lbs. of boost!!!!!!? that can't be right, on a bone stock motor and head?

So is there any type of fuel management other than a stand alone that can be used other than apexi

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Bobbo said:
16 lbs. of boost!!!!!!? that can't be right, on a bone stock motor and head?
}) Mine started holding 17 lbs. yesterday with the freezing weather. These cars will sweep the needle clear across the gauge face.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts