Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, found this site today and really enjoyed reading about it.

as i said, i'm new to the mx6 community and this is my first car! actually, i haven't got it yet, i'm picking it up today, white 1989 mx6 turbo 4ws

1) is the aus spec mx6 turbo same as the us spec gt?

2) PLEASE tell me about possible problems on this car, things to look out for and things i may need to change/fix in the near future. it has done 118,000 km and it's in really good condition... but don't know about the engine though

all replies welcome and thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
welcome..

Hi there,
It's cool that you're getting a 4WS model. At 118,000km, you should make sure the timing belt has been changed, that's very important. Otherwise you shouldn't have too much to worry about..that's a really low mileage (or excuse me kilometerage :))

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just bought a black 1989 gt mx-6, so far i cant see any problems with mine except that it doesnt handle very well in snow but i think that i just need new tires.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'd check the trunk after the first good rain. They have tendency to leak and can rust your jack if you don't do something about it, and it won't be good to find out about it when you're stuck on the road with a flat.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Testing Trunk for leaks

If you don't want to wait for rain take it to a car wash.. LOL Or one of those you-do-it-yourself carwashes and spray the piss out of it.. Then check for leaks... I do not mean stick the sprayer right at the door seal, but do wash it down good.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've noticed that the power window switches like to go sour on our cars. Mine doesn't work right (3 out of 4 on driver's control, luckily passenger's works) but all the ones at the local junkyard are either missing or broke. That gives it away right there that they must have been a problem. Other then that my car functions great. Knock on wood...

·
Registered
390 Posts
Zakaron, well if your the one driving your car most of the time, then I would think that the driver's side control would get like 4 times as much us as the passenger side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts