Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whazzup everyone!? I am a newbie to the MX6 but somewhat knowlegable to engines.

1st question.
Is there any rotary engine that would fit into a MX6? or would I be better of with I/H/E?

2nd question.
If I do buy an MX6 I would have about 7,500 dollars to purchase one. I hope to spend as little on the car so I have more to hook it up. My question is should I purchase one already started or do it myself?

·
Registered
475 Posts
No rotary engines really fit our car. It would be better just to do cold air intake, headers, and exhaust. (i think thats what u mean by i/h/e.)
I wouldn't buy one that has already been started beeing hooked up just because some people have no clue what they are doing. The most important thing I would look for is low mileage. You should be able to get a 2nd gen, V6 mtx with around 65,000 for 6000-6500. Doesnt leave much from the 7500 to hook it up, but it should leave enough for the intake and exhaust. YOu can find a cheaper 6 by just finding one with more miles. But personally, i think its best to start off with a blank canvas and do u own work of art.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts