Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, i just got my first car, its a 93 mx6. I was wondering what kind of problems these might have that i should look out for?

Also, do you think the 4 cylinders are kinda quick?

Thanks

(BTW, sorry for posting it in the wrong spot)

·
Registered
806 Posts
Hey, welcome and congratulations on you first car. My first car was a 1980 Audi 4000, so you should be very happy. The MX-6 is a very reliable car if you maintain it. That means getting a service schedule and taking care of it. Scavenge the forums in the 2nd gen area and you will find many problems, upgrades and other items you might be interested in. If you run into any specific problems or questions search for them as many items have been talked about before and if you have more q's or can't find enough, post and we will try to help out. As far as it being fast, it's fast enough and that's all I will say about that.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I bought my 94 MX-6 LS two months ago, and i still love it. Its my first car and i drive whenever i get the chance. I know someone that has a 4 cylc mx-6, we raced and i killed it. But thats understandable. Seriously thougth, their engines are pretty weak, they should have put the 2.0 4 cylc that develops 135hp like the eagle talon. But thats just my opinion.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats ok though. that the 6 eats the 4 cyl. It's my first car..i dont need a racer. I'm tryin to keep my insurance down and make a good impression on dear ol' mom so she'll let me sell my banshee and get a street bike.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Having driven the 4 cyl auto, the 6 cyl auto, and owning a 6 cyl 5 speed, you can tell which I prefer. But the 4 cyl, like others have pointed out, is a nice smooth engine.

The 93-94 4 cyl cars don't suffer from those that the LS's of the same years do (rear caliper problems, igniter problems).

If it's an automatic transmission, you should find out when the fluid has been changed.

Also, the 4 cyl. is an interference engine, I believe, so timing belt replacement is imperative.

Tyson

1 - 7 of 7 Posts