·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next Sydney run:

Date: 6th of May 2001
Pickup #1: McDonalds @ Enfield, Hume Highway. 9:00am
Pickup #2: McDonalds @ Leumeah, Cambelltown Rd, 10:15am

Route: Leave Campbelltown about 10:30am for a short drive down the freeway to Bowral for a cupa coffee. Then down through the Robertson pass to Dapto. Up to Wollongong for a spot of Lunch at about 1:30pm.
After lunch (about 3pm) we cruise back to Sydney along the coast and through the Royal National park ariving back in Sydney about 4:30pm.

Where we stop for lunch in Wollongong, I don't know? Anyone got any suggestions?

Trevor

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
`

I know, I will have to turn the lights on and rattle the cage.

Trev

G

·
OK current count is:
6 x Probes (Dee, Ron, Matt, Homer, Paul, DRU)
2 x MX6 (MX6turbo_89, Trevor)
1 x TX5 (Mr Myagi)

[Edited by DRU842 on 04-23-2001 at 06:09 AM]

·
Registered
304 Posts
Anyone mind a newbie coming along?? If I can get off work I'll bring along my 2g mtx. Might bring along a mates 200sx if nobody minds the competition - it's a great drive.

·
Registered
61 Posts
damn damn damn!!!....i'd love to come but the cruises always seem to land on a sunday!!!...i got work!!

another cruise come and go....ohh well

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi Trevor.
I,m definitely gonna try and make that, even tho" I live on Northern beaches!
Do you want to correspond via e-mail or just keep it on here?

Steve
(Newbie)
(but regular on good forum - "1994 Mazda MX6".

G

·
OK current count is:
6 x Probes (Dee, Ron, Matt, Homer, Paul, me)
4 x MX6 (MX6turbo_89, Trevor, Bambinator, 4WSboy)
1 x TX5 (Mr Myagi)
Please let us know which pickup point to expect you at. We don't want to leave anyone behind! My mobile 0414 954379. I'll see you at Leumeah.

·
Registered
304 Posts
can't make it

Actually, better make that 3 MX6es. I just found out that I can't get off work, so I can't make it. Stupid job - if only I didn't need the money. :-(

Maybe next time the run will be on another day.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BIG PROBLEM - I cant' make it on Sunday.

My MX has sprung a leak, looks like I have a fracture in the end tank of my radiator. It leaks about a litre every 100ks. I have to pull it apart this weekend.

Does any one else know the route we were planning?

Trev

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry, I will be a no show. I have just picked up the new radiator thsi afternoon. i will be under the car tomorrow.

Trev

·
Registered
233 Posts
Sorry. I'm out too.
Have a great day and see you hopefully next time.
4wsb

G

·
OK, the weather looks like %^$# but I suggest that we continue with the pickup points & decide on any route revisions at the second pickup point. There are several options at vitually all sections of Trevors planned route, including Freeways & I think we can still have a great social day, maybe with a little less 'driving'. See ya!!
PS. Trevor you wont need the radiator you can just suck the water from the road thru the hoses!!

G

·
Well a disappointing turnout by the MX6 guys aside (nill, nada, nothing!) we had a really great day. While a little wet in places we really didn't get too much rain. Next run penciled for late June (to get one more in before Canberra), hope we can see a little more MX6 action next time!

·
Registered
304 Posts
disappointed that I couldn't make it. :-( next time how about we make it not on a sunday so NinjaDust77 and I can both make it - there's 2 MX6es for ya. Just a thought...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yep, you can also count me in for next time as long as we have plenty of warning re the date - pls don't make it the June long weekend (if possible) as I'm rallying down in Ballarat at the Winter Classic Rally 2001.

I wanted to come this time but I spent the weekend eating dust at the Subaru Rally of Canberra :)

Man, I want a turbo with an anti lag system to scare the pants off pedestrians!!! I had better start saving the dollars to buy the engine out of that new 206kw 626....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sounds like you had fun, my fun consisted of grease and dirt for 4 hours. Started a 8am and finished by 12. Not a hard job changing the radiator, just fiddley.

I have a baby due in August, so a run in July would be good.

Did you follow my route or did you find it too far?

Next idea for a run could be St Albans pub, 20ks up the road from Wisemans Ferry.

Trev

1 - 20 of 20 Posts