Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, I was killing som time and was on corksport.com and found they have a "RCE Bored throttle body" i think it's like 269$ is that worth it?? is it the same to take your somewhere and have it bored out? what are the specs on getting the stock one bored out? and hp? price?....

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Your best bet would be to email thm and ask. then let us know.

·
Registered
179 Posts
i work in a machine shop and was thinking of taking mine off and boring it out. as soon as i do i will let u know how it goes. i am also gonna gasket match my intake(port and polish). i will post as soon as i do.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Check out my web site, under Dyno Charts. Daniele D. (a PGT owner who has since turbo'd his car) and I were at Forrest & Forrest Racing dynoing his car. We put it on the rollers and spun it up with the stock throttle body. With the car still on the rollers, we swapped the throttle body for a 65mm unit machined by Forrest & Forrest (who also did my 65mm TB...) and ran it again. The results are pretty darn impressive.

Look at having a good quality, competent machine shop bore your throttle body to 65mm. It'll probably be cheaper than buying one outright from Corksport.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts