Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i had a question about those nipples. can you replace them without removing the core? i underestimated the strength of them and bent the inlet one a little bit. so now when it pressurizes, it leaks at that hose/fitting.

i have tried everything mentioned in threads about no heat. t-stat, flushing backflush, burping. still no heat. i do have a few possibilities yet to try. where is the temp sensor? what is the BAC?

thanks in advance,
proud owner of a 89 black lx

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
hey, i had a question about those nipples. can you replace them without removing the core? i underestimated the strength of them and bent the inlet one a little bit. so now when it pressurizes, it leaks at that hose/fitting.

i have tried everything mentioned in threads about no heat. t-stat, flushing backflush, burping. still no heat. i do have a few possibilities yet to try. where is the temp sensor? what is the BAC?

thanks in advance,
proud owner of a 89 black lx
BAC means Blood Alcohol Content. Mine is too high right now.

There is a temp sensopr right in the thermostat bhousing. Look at the workshop manual in the FAQs...you will find it.

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
hey, i had a question about those nipples. can you replace them without removing the core?
No. and removing the core means taking the dash out.

Have you tried to straighten it, when you say bent, what did you do....take some pics maybe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well they are supposed to be round so when the clamp over the hose tightens, its sealed. mine is flat on on side and when you try to make something that is normally round, round again without something inside to keep the shape, it ends up becoming squared. that is why the clamp wont tighten around the hose and the fitting. hence when it gets pressurized it leaks out that spot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yay, new clamp= sealed. but back to the main problem. little or no heat. sigh. well off to try another few things.

also i looked at the manuals and it doesnt show a sensor at the bottom of the radiator near the lower hose. but i see one there when i look at my radiator. any idea what it is?

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
I could go off with the innuendo on this thread but I have spent all day doing that :D

on a more serious note....to make a square pipe round, I would normally use a large tapered centre punch or drift pin, and roll it around the inside, to make it as round as possible....then you can use some silicone sealant (yeah crude I know) to help make the hose seal onto the pipe.

You really should replace the heater core if you want to do things properly, especially as the heater cores are known to be a weak point and are known to split over time.

There was a guy selling replacememt ones on ebay here in Oz with copper end tanks......Jesiotrot might be able to help out with details as he bought one.
I missed the chance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts