Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a few good examples around town and was thinking I wouldnt mind one of these lil beauties myself. They look good with a nice set of rims. Plus RWD ofcourse.

Has anyone had any experiance with them.

I think they are sort unique in being a small rwd turbo car with classic styling. What is their engine like? A guy at work said he bought one new years ago. He said it went like da sh*t - but he is a bit of an old timer..

???

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
yeh exas arent great....nor are they rwd as far as i know. then again i was never into exas really. lots of people turbo exas though....i dont like them they always look and sound like crap

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
i like the N13 ones, with the 1.8 of course. none of that 1.5turbo bullshit.
but yeah, i reckon they look good, and theyd never cause trouble.. being pulsar everything. i actually wanted one for a while, but im too tall, and the back is a joke. Oh, and theyre f'n cheap. :lol:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I've got a soft spot for n12 et turbo's, same engine as the n12 exa :) might own one oneday, but from what I understand theyre pretty unreliable. But theyre probably the cheapest multipoint efi turbo car you can get.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
i test drove 2 before getting the tx5 :) def fwd they went okay have to look for rust, and stuff get an et pulsar :) stuff an exe..but no there all right for wat they are

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
waste of time............

my 2 cents

·
Registered
456 Posts
Keep a really close eye on the oil preasure levels too - particularly in that they stay consistant when you rev it, etc (internal dash oil preasure guage). I believe they went so well because of some tweaks as compaired to the stockers with the same type of engine (pulsar, etc) & when they are thrashed that is one of the first signs of a really hard life.

With a few tweaks they were surposed to go really well for what they are.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I wouldnt get one they aren't reliable and they are death traps they are that badly made you would break your legs in a 30km accident

The 87 to 91 models are better but there still very low on the meter for safety.

I don't like the back it doesn't look right should of had the back spread out to the boot so its more triangle if u get what i mean.

It's really not worth your time seriously

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
pulsar et's are sardine cans and unless you want to be cooked like one, get a real turbo car instead of a slightly over pressured lawnmover:tup:

$0.02

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
havent heard good things about them neither pulsar ET turbo nor the EXA turbo series. apparently they aint that good and not a good idea to go for them...

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
hope the exaclub people dont read this.. they'd be pretty shattered.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
EXA club... ha ha LOL!

whooooops!! yeah, big mistake in thinking they were RWD. I had just always assumed that they were. Bugger that then.

But i still reckons that good examples look good with rims.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
I just have to say this long live the N12 EXA and ET pulsars man they were like the king back in the day , even better then cordia's I remember about oh 93 when even 1st gen mx-6s were still way out of anyones league it was ET heaven and they were way better thern Gemini.

as for the latter on'es coil packs leaking this that Ca18DE is not too bad but still something so bad with aus delivered versions. overall a car in a nich that is somewhat gone.

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
really, our cars go well for litte mods..

boost, air filter, exhaust.. like mine 14.6 1/4 mile. keeps its own against 30k + cars :)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Wouldn't touch an ET with a 10 foot pole. Stay well away. Haven't got my copy of the Dog & Lemon Guide handy but I'm sure it wouldn't say anything nice about them lol
And yeah definitely FWD.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
i sued to love trying my mates et b4 I got the turbs..if ya really interested in an exa turbo theres ones for sale down my way 2grands

·
Registered
868 Posts
my mate has a black exa turbo "DRKNIS" - FWD SR20DET with 167kw at the front hoops...torque steers like a mofo...LOTS of fun!

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
My mate has a 86 exa turbo and for something he got for 1.4k as a run around its pretty good. I drove it and for such a little car u can actually feel the boost nicely.

I do hear however that they are unrealible and my mate is allways fixing something on the car. looks pretty sweet though

1 - 20 of 20 Posts